Delicious turkey tacos packed with veggies and avocado. Tasty tacos made with ground turkey and veggies, loaded with avocado and cilantro. and served in a cheesy double tacos.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Do you have times when you just crave avocado? No? I sure do.
Guacamole is one of my all time favorite snacks. It’s hard to believe that only a few years ago I wouldn’t even try avocados and now, I’m a full pledged avocado addict.
Last week, a reader made my guacamole recipe and shared it on Instagram. They tagged me in it to show me and it looked so good that ever since then, all I could think of is getting avocados and making some guacamole. Coincidentally, I was making my son’s favorite white turkey chili the same day and I got a delicious thought that avocados and turkey would be a great combination in a taco. I was not wrong!
These Avocado Turkey Tacos are a great light dinner option. They are quite filling yet lean and full of veggies. I thought it would be fun to make a cheesy double taco but it’s completely optional. Double tacos are two types of taco shells, soft and hard, “glued” together by melted cheese. I love the combination of cheesy, soft and crunchy together, it adds an interesting flavor and texture to the dish.
But like I said, it’s completely optional. If you don’t want to take extra time making these double taco shells, or if you don’t want to add extra calories to these light tacos, you can just use the hard taco shells and add a little Mexican cheese mix on the bottom, under turkey.
It’s easy to KEEP UP with NEW recipes through my social media channels:
Avocado Turkey Tacos
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 to matillos
- 1 jalapeno take out the seeds in you want less heat
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 avocados
- 3 Tbsp minced cilantro
- Lime juice
- 6 soft tacos
- 6 crunchy tacos
- About 1 1/2 cups Mexican cheese mix
- Preheat a cooking pan over medium heat.
- Add oil and diced onion, jalapenos, and tomatillos. Cook veggies until softened.
- Add ground turkey and break it up. Season with salt, cumin, and chili powder. Cover and cook for a few minutes. Stir, breaking up as many clumps as possible. Cook until turkey is done. Take off heat.
- For the taco shells: Melt some cheese on a soft tacos in a separate pan. Once cheese is melted, take it out of the pan and place a crunchy taco in the middle. Carefully press sides of the tacos together. Repeat with all tacos.
- Divide cooked turkey and veggies among the prepared taco shells.
- Dice avocado meat and divide it among the tacos as well. Sprinkle cilantro over avocado and squeeze a little lime over that.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Slow Cooker Barbacoa Short Rib Tacos from Cafe Delites
Grilled Steak Street Tacos from Joyful Healthy Easts
Oven Baked Honey Lime Chicken Tacos from Life In The Lofthouse
Chipotle Pulled Beef Tacos from Whole and Heavenly Oven
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!