“This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine. #SausageBowl”
Fantastic snack for your next party! Baked zesty taquitos made with hot Italian sausage, Pepper Jack cheese and jalapeños.
Only a couple of weeks left until the BIG GAME! Are you excited?
I guess you’re excited if your team made it. Mine didn’t…I’m just glad Patriots are not in it. Sorry to all the fans out there, but as a New Yorker, I gotta stay loyal to my teams and that means no Boston cheering here.
Well, even though my team is long out of the running, it doesn’t mean that I can’t enjoy all the playoff games and of course, the big game come February. I can even have some people over for a fun party AND we don’t have to sit very close to each other and on the floor. You know that Tostitos commercial, where everyone gathers a one guy’s teeny-tiny apartment to watch the game and they are all cramped in there? That’s kind of what it’s like to throw a party in a small apartment. But now that we’ve moved, I can throw all the parties I want. (Hubs is “thrilled,” haha.)
I actually have TWO parties in plans already and we only moved last week. I am planning a housewarming party and party for “The Big Game.” Believe it or not, football party will actually be before the housewarming party. So now, it’s time to plan some nice appetizers and snacks for the party. I’ve already posted a few great ideas this month and I have yet another one today.
This time, I’m sharing some lip-smacking, mouth-watering, taste-bud-satisfying baked taquitos. They are very simple to make and only have FOUR ingredients, Johnsonville Hot Italian sausage, jalapeños, Pepper Jack cheese and raw tortillas. These four simple ingredients are so full of flavor, there is no need for anything else. Johnsonville sausage is my go-to meat addition for many appetizers and a delicious quick dinner idea.
Baked Jalapeño Sausage and Cheese Taquitos
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil for cooking
- 1 lb Johnsonville Hot Italian sausage
- 4 jalapeño peppers
- 8 oz Pepper Jack cheese
- 14-16 medium raw flour tortillas
- Pre-heat a medium cooking pan over medium heat and add oil.
- You can use ground sausage or one in casing. If not using ground sausage, make sure to remove the skin casing and break it apart.
- Seed and mince jalapeño peppers. Add them to the cooking pan. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add sausage and break it up as much as possible. Cover and coon until just done, stirring and breaking up clumps often.
- Grate Pepper Jack cheese and place it in a mixing bowl. Add sausage and jalapeños once cooked. Mix well until all combined throughout and cheese is starting to melt.
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a large baking sheet
- To roll taquitos: lay a raw tortilla on a board, spread about 2 tablespoons of sausage filling on the lower end of tortilla in a thin line. Starting with the lower edge, roll up tortilla tight and place it on a greased baking sheet, seem down. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Place rolled taquitos about an inch apart.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, until golden brown.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.