I’m back with some deliciousness! Today, I will share the cheesecake that my sister and I made for our mom’s birthday. We made her a coconut cheesecake!
It was Mother’s day this past weekend, as well as, my mom’s birthday. I spent the weekend with my sister and my son while mom had a mini getaway. We had such a wonderful weekend with my two favorite kiddos.
On Sunday, my baby sister and I made a birthday cheesecake for mom. Our mom loves cheesecake, so every year we make it for her birthday. This year, she left the flavor up to us.
We brainstormed for a little while and baby girl came up with coconut. Coconut cheesecake was a perfect decision because mom loves piña coladas, coconut and I noticed a lot of coconut scents around the house.
Truth be told, we all love coconut in the family. If you’re a fan of coconut, this is a perfect cheesecake for you too!
To add some extra coconut flavors, I wanted to use coconut flakes. Flakes are great but not the best for the texture of the cheesecake. Best solution is to mince it very finely. If you have a food processor, go ahead and pulse it a few times. If you don’t, just use a knife to mince the coconut flakes. That way, you can add it to the crust and the cheesecake.
This coconut cheesecake taste like piña coladas and is so delicious
- For Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 5 tbs butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tbs finely minced coconut flakes
- For Cheesecake:
- 3 8- oz cream cheese packs
- 3/4 cup of Cream of Coconut
- 2 tbs sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbs corn starch
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3 tbs finely minced coconut flakes
- For Topping:
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 3 tbs of Cream of Coconut
- ~ Grease a 9-inch spring form, set aside. Preheat the oven to 325.
- For crust: Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter, minced coconut and vanilla. Stir very well, until all incorporated. Press graham cracker mixture into the pan, evenly, all over the bottom and about half way up the side.
- Start beating the cream cheese and sugar with a mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract, sour cream, and cream of coconut. Mix until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at the time, beating after each addition.
- Add the corn starch and coconut flakes. Make sure that all ingredients are well combined.
- For topping, combine the coconut flakes (not minced) and cream of coconut, mix well and set aside.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the pan with crust. Bake for 50 minutes.
- Take the cheesecake out and spread the topping evenly over the top. Bake for another 7-10 minutes.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com