Cranberry Sangria is perfect for this holiday season. Delicious holiday cocktail made with fresh cranberries, cranberry flavored vodka, juice and red wine.
Every holiday celebration need a delicious holiday drink.
With all the holiday parties coming up, you will need to serve a festive cocktail to your guests. I have just the right cocktail for you right here. It is so delicious! It has great cranberry flavor from including fresh cranberries simmered with sugar. This cocktail is rich but not too sweet so it will compliment a nice variety of appetizers as well as desserts.
For this cranberry sangria, I suggest that you use sweeter, fruitier red wine. Since this sangria is made with fresh cranberries, fruity medium or full bodied wine will bring out more flavor of the berries. Try using Beaujolais or Shiraz.
If you want to play around with flavor, try using apple juice instead of cranberry juice. You can also cut up some fresh apple slices and add them to the pitched right after sangria has been prepared.
Check out these great cocktails from other bloggers:
Cranberry & Rosemary White Sangria from Cooking Stoned
Crock Pot Cranberry Cider from Kleinworth & Co.
Cranberry Ginger Fizz Cocktail from Creative Culinary
Blizzard from The Speckled Palate
Delicious holiday cocktail made with fresh cranberries, cranberry flavored vodka, juice and red wine.
- 750 ml sweeter red wine try Shiraz or Beaujolais
- 150 ml cranberry vodka
- 14 oz cranberry juice
- 10 oz club soda
- 8 oz fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- In a small pot, over medium-low heat, combine cranberries, sugar and lemon juice. Stir well. Cover and cook until most of the cranberries are soft, some will be mushy.
- Add vodka to the pot and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Transfer cranberry mixture to the pitcher.
- Add wine and juice. Stir well.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Add club soda right before serving and stir carefully.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Cocktails From Me: