I just thought that I’d share something fun with you today!
I was playing around with some rice krispies and I made these adorable (and scary) mummies. These are homemade rice krispies dipped in white chocolate and “wrapped” in milk chocolate!
I made these cuties this weekend and I was planning on sharing them with you in time for Halloween.
Hubby asked me if I was planning on posting them this week and I said that it would be too soon, since Halloween is months away. He looked at me funny. Then he “nicely” reminded me that tomorrow is October!
HOW in the world this September flew by this fast? Where did it go? I do not remember most of it and I say that someone must have pressed “fast forward.”
Nevertheless, it is almost October and Halloween is upon us. I can’t wait! It is one of my favorite holidays. If we got presents on Halloween and a day off, it would definitely be my favorite one!
If you are throwing a party this Halloween, make sure to make these adorable Rice Krispie Mummies…common, it’s covered in white and milk chocolate!
Double Chocolate Rice Krispie Mummies
- 1 1/2 tbs butter
- 2 cups of mini marshmallows
- 3 cups of Rice Krispies
- 4 oz white chocolate
- 2 oz milk chocolate
- 16 red M&Ms
- In a large (microwave safe) bowl, place butter and marshmallows. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Mix well. Heat for another 25 seconds and mix until completely melted.
- Add the Rice Krispies cereal to the marshmallow mixture. Mix well.
- Lightly grease an 8x8 baking pan. Transfer the krispies mixture into pan, spread it evenly and press it down.
- Refrigerate while preparing the chocolate, to set in.
- Place the white chocolate in the microwavable bowl. Microwave it for a minute on half the power. Stir and heat it for 30 more second (*on half the power*), if it's still not completely melted.
- Use the same process for the milk chocolate but start with 30 seconds. Transfer the milk chocolate into a piping bag with #102 decorative tip.
- Cut the rice krispies into eight equal rectangles. Dip the krispies in white chocolate and let it set for a few minutes.
- Drizzle the milk chocolate to form mummy wrap. Don't worry about being really neat because...well, mummies are not neat!
- Add the red candy for the eyes.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
Don’t miss any new posts and recipes from me, subscribe to E-MAIL! Just enter your email in the side bar, you will receive an email for confirmation. Confirm and you are all subscribed! HUGS!
Remember to come back and link up to my party on Saturday morning!!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful parties in my party tab + Weekend Potluck andRattlebridge Farm. Swing by and link up your own projects!