Beautiful Pomegranate Martini will go perfectly for any celebration. This sweet and tart martini is made with pomegranate liqueur, vodka, honey liqueur, and pomegranate juice.
You know how the saying goes, “don’t cry over spilled milk?” Well, today I learned that it’s totally OK to cry over spilled Godiva White Chocolate Liquor. Yes, I spilled, I did cried, I ruined a cocktail, and again, I cried. That stuff is like gold!
I decided to finish off the 2012 with a collection of cocktails, just in time for the New Year’s parties. I will be sharing a new cocktail every day until the end of the year. For today, I had a brilliant idea to try mixing white chocolate and pomegranate in a cocktail.
That idea totally backfired. NOT a good combination and does not work.
I was super excited to try this combination though because white chocolate goes great with raspberry. I through it would be great with pomegranate as well. Liquor had a different idea. They did not agree to mix.
Once I got to the step with pomegranate liquor, the whole glass of Godiva curled. Ouch!
Whole thing in the trash. So I tried pomegranate juice instead of liqueur and it curled too.
So scrapping that crazy idea, I went with a delicious, simple pomegranate martini. Sometimes, a simple recipe is the best one.
This pomegranate martini may not be fancy or extravagant but the taste is simply amazing. I see it becoming an instant classic like a Cosmopolitan Martini.
Some more cocktail recipes great for parties:
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes, subscribe to e-mail or follow me through my social media channels!
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
- 2 oz vodka
- 3/4 oz Cointreau or another orange liqueur
- 2 oz pomegranate juice
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- pomegranate seeds for garnish optional
- To chill the glass: Add a few ice cubes to a martini glass and then fill it with cold water. Let the glass chill while you prepare the cocktail.
- Combine all ingredients in the cocktail shaker with a few ice cubes and shake well for 20-25 seconds.
- Discard the iced water from the glass and add come pomegranate seeds to the bottom if you wish.
- Pour martini into the glass through the shaker strainer and enjoy.