This easy, one-pan baked cod dish that will become one of your favorites after one bite. Easily made in 30 minutes with asparagus, tomatoes, and a tasty lemon-herb butter topping.
Oh, I’ve decided that I need to branch out on my seafood!
I’m stuck on salmon and shrimp. I’ve actually been stuck for a while. Every time we go out to a restaurant, I order salmon. Every time I am cooking seafood at home, I get salmon or shrimp. Last time I was at my grocery store, I walked up to the seafood section and the seafood guy asked me, “so salmon of shrimp today?” That’s when it hit me, I am in a seafood rot.
So I decided to surprise the seafood guy and myself and got some COD. I brought it home … and stared at it for like 10 minutes. My mom used to make cod quite often when I was little but she always made is breaded and seared in a pan. I’ve had fried cod in a fish and chips dish quite a few times. This time, I wanted to keep this gluten free, breading free, and batter free.
I’ve decided to simply bake this beautiful fillet in a delicious butter sauce with parsley and lemon. Lemon and herbs always go beautifully with fish so you can’t go wrong with this. To complete this beautiful, light dish, throw some asparagus and cherry tomatoes in a pan!
Lemon Herb Butter Cod with Asparagus and Tomatoes
- 1 lb cod fillets
- 1 bunch asparagus sprigs about 12
- 6 oz cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 4 tbsp butter salted
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 and lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place cod fillet on the sheet and season it with some salt and pepper.
- Cut off white ends of asparagus and cut the springs in half. Cut tomatoes in half as well.
- Spread asparagus and tomatoes around the cod.
- Melt butter and mix in parsley, lemon, and garlic powder.
- Pour the butter mixture over cod and some over veggies.
- Bake cod and veggies for 18-22 minutes (depending on the thickness of cod.)
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Recipes You Will Love: