Delicious roasted garlic potatoes that are made on a grill. These garlic potatoes get a wonderful smoky flavor from being roasted on the grill. It’s a great side dish to go with any grilled meats.
I am in a grilling mood lately. It’s spring time and the best time for grilling because it’s so nice outside. I’ve planned several grilling recipes already thinking that everyone was pulling out their grills and was ready to throw some delicious steaks on it. Then, my husband tells me that the Yankee game got snowed out the other day … SNOWED out.
The weather apparently is decided to mess with everyone this year, not just with us in Florida. We are already used to spring time being bipolar, where it’s freezing one day and scorching hot the next day. I guess the mother nature is a little bored and decided to mess with other states too. Northern states are getting another cold front so I don’t know if they are ready for the grilling season like we are here, in the South.
So perhaps not everyone is in the grilling mood just yet, but they will be soon and I am ready with some new recipes for the grill!
Once the weather turns around and warm breeze starts to blow, I encourage you to make some grill-roasted potatoes along with your first grilled burgers and brats. We absolutely love roasted potatoes in my family and that’s why I wanted to try making them on the grill. Potatoes turned out great, with a delightful smoky flavor.
All you need is a veggie basket for the grill. I use mine quite often to roast small cut veggies, small pieces of meat, fish, and even burgers. I’ve even seen grill veggie baskets come in disposable options. So grab a veggie basket and potatoes and cook up some awesome garlic grill-roasted potatoes!
- 3 lbs red potatoes
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Prep the grill until the coals are ready and ashed over. Grease a large veggie grill basket with some cooking spray.
- Chop red potatoes into about 1/2-inch cubes and place them into a mixing bowl.
- Press garlic and add it to the bowl with potatoes.
- Add oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well until potatoes are all evenly coated with seasoning.
- Transfer potatoes into the prepared veggies grill basket. Spread potatoes evenly.
- Cook potatoes on the grill with the lid closed until potatoes are tender and make cute to stir them often so they cook evenly.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Recipes From Me: