Amazing tacos made with sweet and spicy tequila chicken. This chicken is marinated overnight in a delicious sweet and spicy tequila marinade and then, this marinade is reduced to create a fantastic sauce for the tacos.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Get ready to try some AMAZING tequila chicken tacos! The marinade is what makes this chicken so tasty so make sure to save the marinade and reduce it into sauce after the chicken is cooked. You can use the sauce right on the tacos or save it to top off any other meats and sandwiches.
My best friend was visiting me last week and since I haven’t seen her in four months, I wanted to make something special for our lunch together. Everyone knows that they should never eat before coming over for a visit because I always have something tasty planned. I’m like one of those grandma’s that greets you with food at the door. Who doesn’t love food tho?!
I just realized that it was exactly a year ago when I made Crispy Chipotle Shrimp Tacos for her as well. We can make it a tradition now where every year before her birthday, I will make her tacos. Although, I think she’s prefer a cake. She just loved my Christmas Cheesecake and might prefer that over tacos but these tacos are amazing enough to compete with the cheesecake. (Maybe not a cheesecake but other tacos for sure.)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1/3 cup tequila silver
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 large lime (juice from 1 lime)
- 1 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder (more or less according to personal tolerance)
- 4 fajita tortillas
- 3 oz lettuce
- 2 avocados
- cooked chicken and onions from above
- Place chicken breasts into a gallon zip-lock bag.
- Slice onion thinly and add it to the bag as well.
- Add tequila, agave nectar, juice from the lime, salt, and chipotle chili powder to the bag.
- Close the bag and gently shake the content to mix it.
- Place the bag in a shallow bowl and into the fridge overnight. (You can also prepare this chicken in the morning and that way it will be ready to cook for dinner.)
- Once chicken is marinated, preheat a medium pan over medium heat. Add a little bit of canola oil t the pan to cook the chicken.
- Take chicken out of the marinade (SAVE the marinade, don't discard it) and cook it until done. (Cooking time will depend of chicken breast size.)
- About half way through cooking the chicken, take onions out of the marinade and add them to the pan.
- Once chicken and onions are done, take both out of the pan.
- Add marinate into the hot pan and continue simmering it, stirring often, until reduced and thickened. Take sauce out and save it to use on tacos.
- Slice chicken thinly. Pit and slice avocados.
- Divide lettuce, avocado slices, cooked onions and chicken among the 4 tortillas.
- Drizzle some sauce over the top and enjoy!
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Recipes From Me: