Amazing flatbread sandwich that’s packed with sauteed shrimp, creamy avocado, crunchy cucumbers, and feta cheese crumbles. Perfect light sandwich that will leave you quite satisfied.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Aside from the Shrimp and Pesto Panzanella Salad, this was our favorite dish from the sister weekend. Since I have the chance now, I like to introduce my sister to as many different dishes as I can. She used to be as picky and my little man when it came to new foods, but thankfully, she has grown out of that phase.
She and I love avocados and she actually likes some seafood too, so I get to make avocado and seafood dishes while she spends time at my house. My husband hates seafood, won’t even touch it, and is not a fan of avocados either. Any chance I get to make dishes with these ingredients for someone other than myself, I jump on. It really is much more fun to cook for others than yourself. I’m a praise junkie, I love to hear how much people enjoy what I create. If I was a puppy, I’d wag my tail every time!
I’d definitely wag my tail at this shrimp and avocado loaded flatbread. Okay, I may have wagged a little, but what’s not to love here?! It’s super simple to make and can be done in 15-20 minutes. Getting a tasty, fresh sandwich in just a few minutes, without leaving your house, is just the kind of recipe most people look for.
I love this flatbread sandwich for several reasons. For one, I love using avocados in sandwiches because with it’s creaminess, you never need to add mayo or other sauces. Two, you get a much-desired crunch in the sandwich with an addition of fresh cucumber. So satisfying! Feta cheese is the perfect addition to the cucumber and avocado mixture and a nice compliment to the shrimp. All the flavors are brought together by a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Avocado Shrimp Flatbread Sandwich
- 1/2 lb raw shrimp
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 round flatbread
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 small cucumber
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 2 Tbsp fresh minced parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Peel, devein and wash shrimp. Mix with some salt, black pepper, and lemon juice. Set aside while you pre-heat a saute pan.
- Preheat a medium saute pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add shrimp and cook on both sides until all pink and opaque. Once shrimp is done, take them out and set into a bowl. Let them cool a bit.
- Cut avocado in half, take out the seed and dice avocado meat. Add diced avocado into a mixing bowl and add lemon juice.
- Dice cucumber and add it to the bowl. Add feta cheese, salt and black pepper.
- Mix everything gently, until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Divide between two warm flatbreads.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Burger Recipes From Me:
Melissa Mitchell says
This looks heavenly! Excited to try the avocado shrimp Flatbread recipe
I hope you like it, Melissa!
Cathleen @ A Taste of Madness says
I am actually kinda glad that my fiance is moving away for a year, because he hates shrimp. Next year will be my year of making a LOT of shrimp recipes. Maybe this will make an appearance 😉
Eat up! All year long! Lol
Marisa Franca @ All Our Way says
We are having kebobs for dinner but your flatbread shrimp sandwich looks amazing. Very tantalizing!! I found my self moving closer to the screen just so I could smell 🙂 Have a great evening!!