Light, creamy salmon dish that’s easy to make and done in about 20 minutes. Salmon Florentine is made with juicy, tender, baked salmon and topped with creamy spinach and mushrooms.
I’m back with a delicious recipe for you! Well, “back” is a relative term, it’s more like I finally got a chance to finish the recipe post I’ve been working on for over a week. Little man and baby girl have been keeping me quite busy. I’m so happy that I saved some extra recipes this summer so that I had something to share with you guys.
This is one of my favorite recipes to make and one of my favorite recipes from the ones I’ve saved. First of all, salmon is my weakness! If I could, I would be eating salmon all day, every day. That could get quite expensive though. Combine this juicy, flaky salmon with some wine based cream sauce, spinach, and mushrooms and it’s a killer dish.
I actually couldn’t get enough of this dish while pregnant. Normally don’t love SO much spinach because of the after-taste fresh spinach tends to leave, but I was crazy for some spinach for the last 9 months. It’s a good thing because of how healthy spinach is. This whole dish is easy, fast, and packed with health benefits!
The best part is that you can serve Salmon Florentine with just about ANYTHING. You can serve this dish with mashed potatoes, over pasta, with extra veggies, or just as is. I love it with mashed potatoes if I’m feeling like I want a little extra comfort, and I love it as is, with extra spinach and mushrooms, if I’m feeling more of a lighter fare.
You and your family can decide what kind of comforting or healthy side you want to serve with this Salmon Florentine.
Some More Salmon Recipes To Try
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
- 1 lb salmon
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 large garlic cloves pressed
- 5 oz fresh spinach chopped
- 6 oz baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425 and line a small rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rub the bottom of the salmon with oil and place it skin down on the parchment paper.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
Bake for 13-18 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of your salmon piece. (Take salmon out once cooked.)
- While salmon is cooking, heat up a large pan over medium heat. Add some cooking oil and diced onion. Saute onion until transparent.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, and spinach. Cover and let the spinach cook down, stirring occasionally.
- Once spinach is cooked down, drain off the liquid that accumulated from mushrooms and spinach.
- Return to the stove and add white wine. Simmer for a few minutes to cook down the alcohol.
- Add heavy whipping cream and mix well. Season with salt and red pepper flakes. Stir and cook for a few minutes.
Add spinach and mushroom mixture to the cooked salmon, over the top.