Delicious pasta dish with flavors that will knock your socks off! This fettuccine dish is made with a creamy sauce that features roasted garlic and Asiago cheese. This pasta dish is served with pine nuts and parsley.
You might think I’m a crazy foodie but I love to cook. I love creating new dishes and throwing ingredients together to see what I can come up with. It might also sound a little crazy, but I love the aroma of many different foods. When certain smells fill my house, it’s better than any air freshener.
I also don’t wash my hands for a while after handling certain herbs because I love the way my hands smell. My husband often catches me standing in the kitchen, sniffing my hands. Crazy? Maybe a little but basil smells heavenly, especially combined with garlic. (Making pesto is a sensory overload for me and I love it!)
Do you have favorite food scents?
There are so many food scents that I just LOVE. In fact, I think some of them have actually been made into scented candles and it was a genius idea. Herbs like basil, cilantro, and rosemary, all great and all often seen in fragrances combined with something sweet and fruity. But how about basil and garlic together? As I already mentioned, I could sniff my hands all day long after making pesto.
I also love when the scent of roasted garlic fills my kitchen.
Garlic in general is a wonderful scent but when it’s roasting in the oven and quickly fills the house with that aroma, I can hardly wait to taste it. That is a missed opportunity for candle makers right there. Although, I probably wouldn’t buy it because it would make me hungry just like a cookie scented candle does.
Roasted garlic tastes as good as it smells. It’s great to add to pasta, potato, and chicken salads. Try using it in a dip or a spread, or just spread some on a toasted piece of bread with a little bit of olive oil drizzled on top. Another great way to use roasted garlic is in sauces, just like in this fettuccine dish. It might be a simple sauce but it is PACKED full of great flavors.
Some More Pasta Recipes From Me:
Lemon Pepper Chicken Fettuccine
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Roasted Garlic Asiago Fettuccine
This fettuccine dish is made with a creamy sauce that features roasted garlic and Asiago cheese served with pine nuts and parsley.
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb dry fettuccine
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small Vidalia onion
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Asiago Cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cup pine nuts
- Parsley to garnish
- Roasted garlic:
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut off tips from garlic cloves still on the bulb (leave skin on) and place them on an aluminum foil square that you can wrap it in. Drizzle some olive oil on the garlic bulb. Wrap it in aluminum foil. Place wrapped garlic on the baking sheet.
- Bake garlic for 25-30 minutes, depending on the size of the bulb.
- Take out of the oven and set aside to cool down.
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions, drain off water and set aside.
- In a medium pot, heat up oil over medium heat.
- Add sliced onion and saute until golden.
- Take out all the roasted garlic from the skin and add it to the pot. Stir and slowly start adding heavy whipping cream, keep stirring slowly.
- Grate Asiago cheese and add it to the cream once cream is heated through. Keep stirring until the cheese is melted.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add pasta to the sauce and mix well.
- Top pasta off with pine nuts and parsley when ready to serve.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.