Coconut and blueberry together in one scrumptious sweet bread. This soft and moist bread is so simple and delicious, packed with fresh blueberries and toasted coconut.
I’ve been finding myself overflowing with recipes and not enough time to share them all. I cook every day and I have way too many ideas in my head. You should see my notes about recipes that I want to try, it’s about a mile long. There is just not enough time in a day and definitely not enough people to eat it all here.
So last week, I had a great idea for Samoas Cookie Truffles recipe. I made it and it was really tasty. There was only one problem, I hate the photos. I don’t know why but I decided to try shooting them on a white background and, well, it sucked. I am so not good at the white background, it’s not even funny. I’ve heard so many photographers say that they prefer white background because it’s easier but I am so not one of them. Taking a good looking photo on a white background is my white whale. It’s the white balance that screws me up.
Anyway, by the time I sorted through the photos and realized that I hated them, truffles were mostly gone. So now I want your input, what do you think? Are you hating the white balance in the truffles photos as much as I do? Let me know in a comment!
Anywho…I made way too much toasted coconut when I made the cookie truffles so I needed to find a way to use up the leftovers. Luckily, my little man begged for blueberries while we were at the store that week but completely changed his mind as soon as we got home and did not want anything to do with them. I thought that blueberry and toasted coconut would made a beautiful flavor combination in a sweet bread. I was right!
Sweet, quick breads are one of my favorite easy treats to whip up. Like muffins, they are the best for breakfast and brunch on weekends. Since bread takes a bit longer to bake than muffins, you can definitely turn this bread recipe into muffins if you are in a rush.
Toasted Coconut Blueberry Bread
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup toasted coconut + 2 Tbsp for topping toast 2 cups of coconut
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Spread coconut in one even, thin layer on a baking sheet. Bake coconut for 5-8 minutes until it turns golden brown. Make sure to stir coconut every couple of minutes so that it toasts evenly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, coconut oil, vanilla and buttermilk.
- Pour the liquids into the flour mixture. Whisk until all the ingredients are well combined.
- First, fold in toasted coconut flakes and then blueberries.
- Transfer the batter into the loaf pan and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle a more toasted coconut flakes on top.
- Bake for 65-70 minutes (until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.)
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Toasted Coconut Butter from The Healthy Foodie
Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake from Chef In Training
Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread from Something Swanky
Orange Pound Cake from Five Heart Home
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!