These are amazing, gooey skillet brownies made with lots of mini peanut butter cups, peanut butter morsels and white chocolate morsels! Super chocolaty and loaded with peanut butter flavors!
Make sure to Follow Me On Pinterest!
Brownies are my all time favorite dessert. You got lots of chocolate and they are cake-like but gooey. Of course, I like my brownies gooey, not cakey or fudgy. To make it a little more interesting, I decided to make some brownies that are loaded with my favorite additions. White chocolate morsels, peanut butter cups and peanut butter morsels. Full on chocolate heaven!
I’m sure you’ve noticed just how many skillet recipes I’ve been posting lately. I said it many times and I will say it again, I love my cast iron skillet. I’ve made many recipes in it, some I didn’t even have time to post yet, but what I haven’t made yet was dessert. I had to try making a dessert recipe in my cast iron skillet and brownies were my number one choice… always!
I made a little adjustment to my favorite brownie recipe and I had to size it down for the skillet.
*When making this recipe, please NOTE that it is meant for a 12-inch skillet.*
If you only have a 10-inch skillet and really want to make these, which you should, just don’t pour all the batter in it. Pour it in about 2/3 of the way and cook remaining batter in small ramekins or small baking forms. When I have extra batter, I have a couple of small heart baking forms and I use those for leftover batter as special treats for the boys.
Did you know that you could save the recipes to your personal recipe box with the Once you have your favorite recipes in your Recipe Box create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List! Don’t forget to check deals and coupons!
Ultimate Peanut Butter Cup Skillet Brownies
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups of chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup of mini Reese's PB cups halved + a few more for topping
- 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup Reese's PB morsels
- Preheat the oven to 350 and make sure that your 12-inch skillet is nicely seasoned. Rub the skillet with little bit of oil, using a piece of per towel, so it's glossy but not wet, on the bottom and up the sides.
- In a small sauce pan, over medium to medium low heat, start melting butter. When butter is almost melted, add 3 cups of chocolate chips. When the chocolate starts to melt as well, add buttermilk. Slowly stir until all melted and smooth.
- Add brown sugar to a large mixing bowl and pour the melted chocolate/butter mixture in it and whisk together.
- Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Whisk in vanilla extract.
- Sift in flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk until just combined and smooth.
- Fold in halved mini peanut butter cups, peanut butter morsels and white chocolate morsels.
- Pour the batter into the skillet (if using a 10-inch skillet, make sure to fill in 2/3 of the way and save remaining batter to make in ramekins or muffin pan).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, do a toothpick test to make sure that the center is not still runny. If needed, bake for another 5-7 minutes.
Check out these great brownie recipes from other bloggers:
A Few More Chocolaty Treats From Me:
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!