1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
2 cups of chicken broth
1 1.2 cups milk
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan
1 tbs fresh minced basil
1 tbs fresh minced parsley
1 tbs fresh minced dill weed
1 tsp dry oregano
2 cups ricotta cheese
12 cooked lasagna noodles
10 oz package chopped spinach
2 cups of chopped cooked chicken
~Preheat the oven to 350.
1. In a saucepan, saute the onions and grated garlic in butter until transparent
2. Whisk in the flour ans salt until smooth, cook until bubbly
3. Gradually stir in the broth and milk, bring to boil (careful not to boil hard or it will raise), cook for about a minute until thickened.
4. Stir in 2 cups of mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, basil, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix well. When the cheese is melted, set aside.
5. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, spinach and 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
6. Spread 1/3 of cheese sauce into a 9×13 baking dish
7. Layer 4 lasagna noodles
8. Spread 1/2 chicken in top of the lasagna noodles. Spread 1/2 of ricotta mixture over the chicken.
9. Cover with 4 more lasagna noodles. Spread another 1/3 of cheese sauce, last 1/2 of chicken and ricotta mixture. Cover with last 4 lasagna noodles, last 1/3 cheese sauce remaining Parmesan cheese.
10. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
* I am linking this recipe to the Friday, Saturday and Sunday parties in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!