As usual, my greatest and the tastiest creations come out at times that the refrigerator is near empty and I get creative. Also seems that things come out much better when I make up a recipe rather then use one from a magazine!
4 large red potatoes
6 oz baby portobello mushrooms
1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
1/2 cup shredded carrots
2 garlic cloves
3 tbs olive oil
3 cups vegetable stock
2/3 cup water
1/8 cup of minced fresh parsley
1 tbs minced fresh dill weed
1. Preheat 2 tbs of olive oil in the small pot
2. Grate the garlic into the oil, add chopped onion, saute until transparent
3. Add the shredded carrots and add the other tablespoon of olive oil
4. Add the thinly sliced mushrooms, saute for about 5 minutes
5. Chop the potatoes into about 1/4 inch cubes, add to the pot
6. Add the vegetable stock and water. If the potatoes are barely covered you may need to add another cup of stock.
7. Bring to boil then reduce the heat to medium to medium low.
8. Add the parsley, dill weed, salt and pepper
9. Cook until the potatoes are completely cooked, about 30-35 minutes
* I am linking this recipe to the Sunday and Monday parties in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!