Pecan Crusted French Toast

This is probably the most HEAVENLY breakfast you can ever have! I am saying this with most confidence.
I love it when I make something just because I had leftovers and it turns out to be one of the best things that I’ve ever made. I had candied pecans left from making the Snickers Brownies and I just didn’t know what to do with it. Yesterday morning, it hit me..pecan covered french toast! Yes!!
No joke, best french toast you will ever have!!

1 cup of candied pecans
5-7 slices of French bread
2 eggs
1 tbs milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp sugar

~ Preheat a medium cooking pan and coat lightly with some vegetable oil.

1. I just put the candies pecans in to a food processor, well really its an attachment to my hand-held blender. Just give it a few pulses so it doesn’t turn into powder. Transfer to a wide bowl.

2. Slice the french bread, a little bit on an angle.

3. In a wide bowl, combine eggs, milk, vanilla and sugar. Whisk well until all smooth.

4. Dip the bread into egg mixture, coating very well, and then into the pecan crumbs.

5. Place the crusted french toast slices into the cooking pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, on medium heat.

Enjoy!!

* I am linking this recipe to  THESE GREAT PARTIES, in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?

Do try this recipe and make sure to let me know if you liked it!!

Comments

1. Looks so wonderful!

2. This looks SO yummy! Found your post from the Craft-O-Maniac Linky party. Thanks for sharing!

3. These are looking wonderful !

4. these look really nice

Natasha @ http://www.serenityyou.com

5. wow these look wonderful must try them :) thanks for joining us at Creative creative Monday’s …

6. wow these look wonderful must try them :) thanks for joining us at Creative creative Monday’s …

7. Amanda Steiner says:

My mouth is watering. Yummm! My husband and I are french toast fanatics so I’m really excited to give this recipe a try!
    I found your link on Craft-O-Maniac’s linky party thanks so much for posting!
    Amanda @ http://mysweetlittlesteinerfamily.blogspot.com/

8. Oh my goodness! Doesn’t that look so yummy!!! Pinning it!

9. Tonia@TheGunnySack says:

Looks delicious! Pinned, Stumbled and now commented…let’s see if I can get this thing figured out! LOL!

10. WillCookForSmiles says:

Awww, thank you, girl! You rock!

11. WillCookForSmiles says:

Awww, thank you, girl! You are the best!

12. WillCookForSmiles says:

Thank you so much!

13. WillCookForSmiles says:

Thank you! I hope you enjoy is just as much!

14. WillCookForSmiles says:

Thank you!!

15. WillCookForSmiles says:

Thank you, Winnie!

16. WillCookForSmiles says:

Thank you so much!

17. WillCookForSmiles says:

Thank you!

18. Nichi - Mandatory Mooch says:

This looks amazingly yummy!! I would love for you to link it to my Tasty Thursdays party at The Mandatory Mooch. http://mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2012/08/tasty-thursdays-6.html

Thanks,
    Nichi

19. This looks absolutely amazing!! Yum!!
    Tianna @ http://www.alittlebitme.com

20. Beth Mcgwire says:

Oh, wow! This is a great idea. Thanks so much for sharing. I am looking forward to trying this.

21. Miz Helen says:

Luyba,
    What a great idea for the holiday week end brunch, these will be awesome. Hope you have a great holiday weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

22. Ashley Calder says:

Wow, this looks too good! Thanks for sharing. I’m sure my fam will be thrilled to try this soon.

23. Wow- that looks amazing! I’d love it if you could link up to our new food meme- Wonderful Food Wednesday. http://www.athometake2.com/2012/09/wonderful-food-wednesday.html

Thanks,
    Jessica @ At Home Take 2

24. This looks so good! I’ll be trying this soon.

I’ve pinned and shared on FB!

25. I am featuring this recipe in my Frivolous Friday-Fall is Upon Us article. Thank you. Looks scrumptious and am going to try this definitely.

26. I think I need to put this on my menu this weekend!!! heavenly looking!

1. [...] recipe can be found at Will Cook For Smiles. My salivary glands are working overtime just looking at this. This is definitely, a [...]