1 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup of sugar
1 3/4 cup of cake flour
2 eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup of whole milk
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp Apple Pie Spice
Puree from 1 large apple (skin and grate the apple)
COOL Whip Cream Cheese Frosting
Top off with Caramel
Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly grease the muffin pan and line with cupcake liners.
1. Cream the butter in the mixer on medium speed. Slowly add the sugar, cream until light and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Sift the flour, Apple Pie Spice, salt and baking powder together. Add half the flour mixture, beat on low until just mixed. Add the apple puree, milk and vanilla. Add the remaining flour mixture and beat until just mixed.
4. Fill the cups 3/4 full. Bake for 17-20 minutes, until the toothpick, inserted in the center, comes out clean.
5. Cool completely before frosting. Frost the cupcakes with COOL Whip Cream Cheese frosting and drizzle with caramel.
|That is one, happy cupcake face!|