I just have to share one more recipe before Thanksgiving and I decided that you needed one more pie! I can’t imagine having enough pie ideas…never enough! This is a great twist on a classic pumpkin pie.
Pecan Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie!
I made a few changes to my old pumpkin cheesecake pie, I added caramel and glazed pecans. It turned out amazing and will satisfy everyone who loves pumpkin pie, pecan pie and caramel!
I got my family to vote on the pie they wanted for Thanksgiving. Surprisingly, everyone voted something different! I got pecan pie, apple pie, blueberry pie ….and so on.
Finally, I got the same answer from two people…my sister and hubby. (Majority rule.) They both wanted my pumpkin pie. More specifically, pumpkin cheesecake pie. Since I make it every year, I wanted to make it a little special. I added caramel and glazed pecans.
This pie turned out amazing!
So enough talking…all you want is the recipe anyway, hehe!
- 1 Deep dish pie shell
- 2 tbs caramel
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin pie puree
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp dry ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbs heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-4 tbs caramel
- 1 cup of pecans + 1 tbs maple syrup
- ~Preheat the oven to 350.
- Drizzle the 2 tbs of caramel over the pie crust.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Add pumpkin puree and dry spices, beat until well blended.
- Add the eggs, heavy cream and vanilla. Scrape the sides and beat well.
- Pour filling into the pie shell.
- Coat the pecans in maple syrup.
- Bake for 15 minutes and spread the pecans over the pie, evenly.
- Bake for another 25-30 minutes (it will be a little jiggly in the middle but set at edge).
- Cool the pie to room temperature and add the remaining caramel.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
More Dessert Ideas: