I just have to share one more recipe before Thanksgiving and I decided that you needed one more pie! I can’t imagine having enough pie ideas…never enough! This is a great twist on a classic pumpkin pie.
Pecan Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie!
I made a few changes to my old pumpkin cheesecake pie, I added caramel and glazed pecans. It turned out amazing and will satisfy everyone who loves pumpkin pie, pecan pie and caramel!
I got my family to vote on the pie they wanted for Thanksgiving. Surprisingly, everyone voted something different! I got pecan pie, apple pie, blueberry pie ….and so on.
Finally, I got the same answer from two people…my sister and hubby. (Majority rule.) They both wanted my pumpkin pie. More specifically, pumpkin cheesecake pie. Since I make it every year, I wanted to make it a little special. I added caramel and glazed pecans.
This pie turned out amazing!
So enough talking…all you want is the recipe anyway, hehe!
- 1 Deep dish pie shell
- 2 tbs caramel
- 2 cups of pumpkin puree
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp dry ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbs heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-4 tbs caramel
- 1 cup of pecans + 1 tbs maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drizzle the 2 Tbsp. of caramel over the pie crust.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Add pumpkin puree and dry spices, beat until well blended. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Beat in eggs, heavy cream and vanilla just until incorporated. Scrape the sides and mix well.
- Pour filling into the pie shell.
- Coat the pecans in maple syrup and set aside.
- Bake pie for 20 minutes and spread maple coated pecans on top of pie, evenly.
- Bake for another 30-35 minutes (it will be a little jiggly in the middle but set at edge).
- Cool pie to room temperature and add remaining caramel.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
More Dessert Ideas: