Incredibly delicious stuffed mushrooms, made with a flavorful mixture of crispy bacon, spinach and Italian cheese mix.
I hope everyone’s holidays have been nice and you’re ready to greet the New Year! We’re getting ready for the New Year here and I’m preparing some appetizers to share with you and to decide what I will serve on New Year’s Eve. Almost every year, I make some kind of pizza roll ups or pinwheels but I just realized that stuffed mushrooms would make a wonderful party food and it’s so easy to prep ahead of time. I like to get most of my food prep done in the morning or the night before the party. These stuffed mushrooms are very easy to prepare ahead of time, just do everything except baking them in the morning, cover and refrigerate until ready to cook them right before the party. When ready to make, just place stuffed mushrooms onto the baking dish and pop them in the oven.
I have a few more recipe ideas to try out before we
fall asleep watching the ball drop celebrate New Year’s and party like it’s 1999, but these mushrooms are a “must make!” It won’t be so much a big party this year, more of an intimate party for two. We don’t usually have a baby sitter for that particular holiday and this place is way too small and full of grouchy neighbors to throw a party. But whether it’s for 2 or 20, I believe it is still worth making a fuss and putting up a nice party spread with champagne and tasty party food.
- 5 crispy bacon strips (cooked)
- 3 oz fresh spinach
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tbsp oil for cooking
- 16 oz whole baby bella mushrooms (try to pick out larger mushrooms)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup Italian cheese mix
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup Italian cheese mix for topping
- 2 crispy bacon strips, crumbled, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Wash mushrooms and carefully take off the stems. Toss mushrooms lightly in olive oil and set aside.
- Preheat a small cooking pan and 1 tbsp of olive oil on medium heat.
- Chop spinach and add it to the pan. Cook covered over medium heat until almost cooked. Mince garlic and add it to spinach. Dice bacon strips and add it to spinach as well. Mix well and cook until spinach is done. Take off heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, bread crumbs, cheese mix, egg, salt and pepper. Mix very well until all combined.
- Add spinach and bacon to the cheese mixture. Mix until evenly incorporated.
- Place mushroom cups into a baking dish. Carefully fill mushroom cups with cheese mixture pressing down lightly with your finger to fit a little bit more.
- Sprinkle each stuffed mushroom with a little bit of cheese and bacon.
- Bake about 17-20 minutes.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Recipes From Me: