Delicate little doughnuts packed with sunshine and honey flavor throughout. With their smooth honey flavor, they will brighten your mood and please your taste buds. These honey doughnuts are baked and glazed with a creamy honey glaze.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
These doughnuts are too adorable not to make!
Since one of the most commonly used nicknames for our significant other is “honey,” I thought that a sweet honey treat would be perfect for Valentine’s Day. I like to create Valentine’s Day recipes that are pretty simple to make because there are many people cooking and baking on this holiday that don’t usually bake. Much like on Mother’s Day, kids and husbands want to do something sweet for their mom and prepare her a breakfast in bed. It’s the same for Valentine’s Day, we want to do something sweet and special for our significant others.
When I come up with recipe ideas for this holiday, I try to think of my husband. If he would be making me something special, what would be a good recipe for him to make? Even though he has pretty good skills in the kitchen, I know that he will be pulling his hair out half way though my Double Chocolate Ganache and Raspberry Cheesecake. So, to ensure a successful breakfast surprise, a simple recipe is the way to go.
These Honey Doughnuts are just that, a simple recipe for a beautiful breakfast that will be ready in about 30 minutes.
So next time you want to do something special for your “honey,” whether it’s Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, a birthday, or an anniversary, make them some Glazed Honey Doughnuts!
- 1¾ cup flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a doughnut pan (it will take two pans or two batches).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, buttermilk, sour cream, melted butter, honey, and vanilla together until smooth.
- Sift in all dry ingredients and whisk until all incorporated.
- Pour some batter into a piping bag. (Don't overfill the bag or it will be difficult to pipe the batter.) Cut the tip off the piping bag, leaving only about a ½ inch opening.
- Squeeze batter into the doughnut cups of the pan in one smooth circular motion, filling each cup about ¾ full. Make sure there is an even amount of batter all around. (Refill the piping bag when needed.)
- Bake for 10-11 minutes and let doughnuts cool on the wire rack, just until they are cooled enough to be handled. Spread paper towel under the cooling rack to catch glaze drippings.
- Add powdered sugar into a small mixing bowl. Add heavy whipping cream and whisk until smooth. Whisk in honey until completely incorporated.
- Pour glaze into another piping bag and cut off a small tip, just enough to drizzle the glaze.
- Drizzle each doughnut with honey glaze.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or any other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!