“This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Snake River Farms. The opinions and text are all mine. #ad #snakeriverfarms”
The most amazing roasted potatoes you will ever try! Young, golden potatoes mixed with aromatic brown butter, crispy bacon and pearl onions, then this beautiful mixture is roasted to a crispy perfection. All served with seared Bacon Wrapped Kobe Beef Filet Mignon for a perfect Father’s Day dinner.
What does dad want for Father’s Day?
His grill and a nice piece of steak!
I used to wonder why restaurants are so busy for Mother’s Day and so “dead” on Father’s Day? The answer is actually very simple, what dads want to do on Father’s Day is not to be taken out for a nice dinner at a fancy restaurant, but to fire up their grills and throw a bunch of meat on it. Moms want just one day away from the kitchen and have someone else cook their meal for once and dads just want to spend some time playing with their grills, fire and meat. Makes perfect sense.
That’s just what we have going on. First thing hubs said after getting Father’s Day off from work is that he wished he could grill with his dad, and I have the perfect thing to treat them with. I partnered with my new favorite steak company, Snake River Farms and Double R Ranch, to give my husband the best Father’s Day meal.
Snake River Farms have the best quality beef and pork products and this is coming from someone who doesn’t really like steaks. Every time I eat their steak, I’m amazed at how delicious, tender and soft are their steaks. You can imagine how much a steak lover would enjoy it.
These steaks are the best quality and that is why they are not inexpensive. I know my husband is worth every penny and there are some great packages as Father’s Day Gifts on sale right now, just in time for the holiday. There is a nice range of packages available and they come in a Styrofoam cooler inside a box and packed with dry ice. Steaks are also packed in a black gift box that’s perfect to present to your special dad.
The second I got the steaks, I sent a picture to hubs. First thing he said was, “can we have the bacon wrapped filet mignon this weekend?” He set the ribeye filets aside to grill on Father’s Day and I seared us filet mignon over the weekend. The best thing to pair with a steak would be potatoes of course. I made some roasted potatoes and they were unbelievable. This is definitely the side you will want to serve with a nice steak on Father’s Day. Aroma from these roasted potatoes is fantastic but it’s only half as good as potatoes themselves. We will be dreaming of them until the day I make this dish again…which will have to be very soon.
I recommend that you use the same potatoes I did because the choice of potatoes is just as important to the flavor and texture of this dish as every other ingredient. These potatoes roast beautifully on the outside and soft on the inside. Flavor combination of bacon and pearl onions is beautiful with gold roasted potatoes and it all comes together with some brown butter.
Brown Butter Roasted Potatoes with Bacon and Pearl Onions
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1.5 lb young golden potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups pearl onions
- 6 cooked bacon strips
- 1 garlic clove
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Chop potatoes to about 3/4 inch chunks and place them into a large mixing bowl.
- Peel pearl onions and cut them in half. Add to potatoes.
- Chop bacon and add it to potatoes as well.
- Press garlic into the bowl and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat butter in a small sauce pot, over medium-high heat, until melted. Continue cooking, slowly stirring, until butter is darkened to golden brown and has a nutty aroma, 3-5 minutes.
- Pour butter into the mixing bowl and stir well with a wooden spoon, until all evenly incorporated.
- Spread potato mixture all over the prepared baking sheet, in one even layer. Bake for about 35 minutes. Stir and raise the heat to 400. Bake for another 10 minutes, until potatoes are golden brown. (You may have to bake it a little longer if you have larger cuts of potatoes.)
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Special Offer: Send your favorite Dad (or yourself!) one of these Father’s Day gifts and you’ll get free shipping by using the code: TAPFSS15. Click here to shop Father’s Day Gifts.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Snake River Farms/Double R Ranch. The opinions and text are all mine.