This is an amazing Cappuccino Cheesecake! Soft, creamy cheesecake made with espresso, chocolate Oreo cookie crust and a touch of mini chocolate chip on the bottom!
Another year, another birthday cheesecake for my mom! Since I missed Mother’s Day because I was flying back from the conference, I went to see my mom this weekend. It happened to be her birthday this week too, so I made her a birthday cake like I do every year. Every year, I make a different cheesecake because she loves cheesecakes (and so does just about everyone in my family)!
Do you remember that unbelievable Coconut Cheesecake that I made last year? It was also a birthday cheesecake for my mom that I made with my baby sister. I was actually teaching her how to make a cheesecake in hopes that she might bake something on her own this year. Yea…that’s a lost cause on a teenager. I just hope that a little bit of something sank in for later.
I didn’t have much time to bug her about the flavor this week, so I took it upon myself to decide. Not that she is much help with deciding on the flavor anyway. Anytime I ask her what she wants, she says “Anything really, they are all good!” Since we are both quite addicted to coffee, I made this Cappuccino Cheesecake and boy was it a great flavor!
I used instant espresso powder here instead of coffee and it actually made a big difference. I’ve used coffee and coffee powder in baked goods before but espresso is a whole other ball game! I would definitely recommend using it.
For the crust, I used Chocolate Oreo cookies. Chocolate makes a perfect compliment to cappuccino, so it was a perfect crust. Mini chocolate chips on the bottom of the cheesecake is completely optional! If you want that extra chocolaty kick, you can add some mini morsels on the bottom and syrup of the top or you can leave it without for a simpler flavor. Either way, this is an amazing cheesecake!
Did you know that you could save the recipes to your personal recipe box with the Once you have your favorite recipes in your Recipe Box create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List! Don’t forget to check deals and coupons!
- 15 oz pack of Chocolate Oreo Cookies
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 3 - 8 oz packages of cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of sugar you can add 1/4 cup more if you are not using chocolate
- 3 Tbsp instant espresso powder
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate syrup
- Preheat the oven to 300 and grease a 9-inch springform.
- Oreo Crust: Pulse Oreo cookies in a blender or food processor until all just crumbles. Transfer cookie crumbs into a small mixing bowl and mix with melted butter until all combined. Press cookie mixture into the pan, evenly, all over the bottom and about half way up the side.
- Start beating the cream cheese and sugar in a mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at the time, beating after each addition.
- Warm up heavy cream to hot but not boiling and mix with espresso powder until blended. Add espresso mixture to the cream cheese.
- Add flour, vanilla extract and sour cream, mix until all combined.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the spring form with crust.
- Place the spring form in the oven, inside a large roasting pan. Carefully add some hot water to the roasting pan, filling it about 1/2 of the way up the side of the spring form.
- Bake for 70-85 minutes. Sides of the cheesecake should be set but still a little jiggle in the center.
- Take out the spring form and let it cool to room temperature before refrigerating.
- (Even thought cheesecake can be eaten warm, for best results, I recommend refrigerating for a few hours or overnight.)
Check out these great cheesecake recipes from other bloggers:
Cherry Cheesecake Dessert Recipe from The Gunny Sack
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cheesecake Pie from Crazy For Crust
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake from The Girl Who Ate Everything
Banana Split Cheesecake from Inside BruCrew Life
Few More Cheesecake Recipes From Me:
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!