Wonderful holiday cookies with peppermint and chocolate flavors. Crunchy, chocolate peppermint cookies dipped in milk or white chocolate and topped with sprinkles or peppermint crunch. Make it more fun by dipping the same cookie half in white and half in milk chocolate.
Lots of cookie making goes on during the holiday season.
My favorite cookies have always been soft and chewy cookies. Although, when I get Girl Scout cookies each year, I get a couple extra boxes of Thin Mints.
There is something about a crunchy, minty cookie coated in chocolate that just makes my soul sing.
I’ve modeled these holiday cookies after Thin Mints and put peppermint twist on them. Inside, is a thin, crunchy cookie favored with peppermint extract. These thin cookies are coated in milk chocolate or white chocolate.
To make them festive, I’ve added some peppermint crunch chips on top of some cookies and on other cookies, I’ve added holiday sprinkles.
These cookies are perfect for holiday parties and cookie exchange.
More holiday cookies to try:
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes, subscribe to e-mail or follow me through my social media channels!
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Chocolate Covered Peppermint Crunchy Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk (or dark) chocolate melts
- 1 cup white chocolate melts
- Peppermint crunch chips for topping
- Holiday sprinkles for topping
- Beat butter, powdered sugar and peppermint extract together, on medium speed, for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low and mix in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Take out the dough and roll it in a log. Wrap the dough in the saran wrap and put it in the freezer for 30-45 minutes. (Transfer into the fridge if you are not ready to bake yet).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and grease lightly.
- Cut the cookie dough into 1/4 inch rounds. Lay out the cookie dough onto the cookie sheet about 1 inch apart and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool cookies completely on a wire rack.
- Melt milk chocolate and white chocolate melts, separately, in the microwave. Make sure to set the microwave at half power and heat for a 45 seconds- 1 minute. Stir until all smooth.
- Dip cookies in chocolate and place them on parchment paper to set.
- Sprinkle with peppermint crunch or sprinkles while chocolate is still wet or it will not stick.
My Perfectly Peppermint collection of recipes is now available on Amazon to ORDER!
This recipe pamphlet is full of tasty peppermint treats that are prefect for a cozy family night or a big holiday party. You will find a wide variety of peppermint treats to enjoy this season!
There are drinks, milkshakes, cookies, brownies, fudge, cake and several other delicious treats. Plenty of choices to satisfy your every mood.