Family favorite refreshing drink made easily by hand and using fresh ingredients. Handmade lemonade made with addition of fresh lime juice and sweet, strawberry sauce made from fresh delicious strawberries.
You might say that all I can think of lately is my little man’s party and you’re right, I’m even annoying myself. I promise that you only have to endure that for a little bit longer. Mostly because I will be sharing the new recipes I am trying out for the party.
You gotta understand, we are super-duper excited to finally live in a house as opposed to a tiny apartment, because it means that we get to throw parties and host holidays in our own house. Before, I had to rent a clubhouse or go to my mom’s to throw little man’s birthday party. This year, we will be having his party at our house for the very first time. You know how exciting first times can be.
I really wanted to make a nice, fresh drink for the kids and adults at the party and lemonade is always the perfect way to go. Strawberry Lemonade has been my son’s favorite drink ever since he tried it at a farmer’s market, and with his picky taste, he prefers a handmade one. Seemed like an easy choice that everyone would love.
TIPS FOR THE BEST STRAWBERRY LEMONADE
I want to pass on a couple of notes that might help you in your own lemonade making experience. I highly recommend adding the garnish slices of lemons and limes to the pitcher right before serving it. If you make lemonade ahead of time and let it sit for a few hours or overnight, adding slices of lemon and lime will add bitterness to the lemonade.
Citrus skin has a bitter taste to it and it tends to infuse the drink with it the longer it stands. So, to avoid the bitter taste, add a few slices right before you are serving the drink or avoid it all together.
Alright, for the matter of sugar. I know that not everyone will be 100% happy with sugar amount every time. Even in my family, we disagree on how sweet drinks and desserts should be. I like things mildly sweet and my husband loves drinks to be saaaweeeet. So here, 2 cups of sugar gives a nice sweetness to balance out the sourness of lemon and lime juice. But, if you’d like it sweeter, add another 1/2 cup of sugar.
SOME MORE RECIPES TO TRY
Raspberry Mint Iced Tea from Delightful E Made
Jasmine Ginger Iced Tea from Brit + Co
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Homemade Strawberry Lemon Lime Lemonade
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice 6-7 lemons
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice 5-6 limes
- 24 oz strawberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 gallon cold filtered water
- Optional: 1 lemon and 1 lime for garnish
- Slice strawberries and add them to a medium sized pot. Add 1 tbsp of lemon juice, vanilla, and sugar to strawberries. Mix well and cook over medium heat, covered, for about 15 minutes. Make sure to leave a little opening with the lid so that the steam can escape. (Watch out for over-boiling.) Take off heat and set aside.
- Squeeze lemon and lime juice and add it to a container that would hold about a gallon and a half.
- Add strawberry mixture, all of it, juice and berries. Mix well.
- Add cold water. Stir well.
- If using lemon and lime for garnish, add it right before servings. (If sitting for a while in the drink, lemon and lime tends to add bitterness.)
- Refrigerate until ready to use.