Tasty hot slider sandwiches to please any crowd! These pastrami sliders are made with mouthwatering pastrami, gooey cheese, banana peppers, and buttery mustard sauce.
It’s almost February again and that means, it’s time for Super Bowl!
We were very close this year to having the entire city being a huge football party. Our local team almost got into the Super Bowl but of course, at the end, those darn Patriots won. We already don’t love the Patriots since we are Giants fans and them beating our local team didn’t help the “love.”
Nevertheless, they are in the Super Bowl … so it’s time to start rooting for the Eagles.
Since I don’t truly care about the outcome of the game, I’m just in it for the food and commercials. Even though the commercials have not been as good in the past few years, I still watch them to pick out the handful of the funny ones. My favorite from last year was the Mr. Clean commercial. I watched it over and over after it aired. I’m quite excited to see what they will have to show us this year.
In the mean time, I still have to figure out what to serve my carnivores for the big game. Should I go with a Queso Blanco with Chirizo or a Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Dip? Should I make some Egg Rolls or make a bunch of different sliders? No matter what it will be, I know that I have to load it with meat.
I made a mistake of asking my husband if I should make a veggie tray or may be some broccoli bites and got a nasty look in return. Meat, meat, and more meat is what they always want. Sliders are the BEST finger food for sports parties because they are tiny but mighty. Loaded with a bunch of meat, cheese, and a buttery mustard glaze. It will satisfy every carnivorous fan at the party!
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Hot Pastrami Sliders
- 12 King Hawaiian buttery rolls
- 1/2 lb deli pastrami
- 5 oz banana peppers slices (24 slices)
- 6 oz Aged Swiss cheese (10 slices)
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 4 tsp gourmet mustard choose your favorite
- 1/2 tsp horseradish
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 13x9 baking dish.
- Take the pack of rolls out of the bag and cut them in half, width-wise. Place the bottom half in the baking pan. (I like to separate the rolls but it's a personal preference.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, mustard, horseradish, salt, and sugar. Mix until combined.
- Brush the inside of the bottom buns with the buttery mustard mixture, leaving most of the mixture for the topping.
- Divide pastrami evenly over each slider bun.
- Place about 2 rings of banana peppers on each slider, on top of pastrami.
- Divide cheese among all the slices. You can overlap the cheese slices or cut them and place them on each slider bun.
- Cover with the top halves of slider buns.
- Generously brush each top of the slider bun with buttery mustard mixture.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- (Leftover rolls can be beautifully reheated in a cooking pan, covered with a lid, over medium heat, for 5-7 minutes. Or, in the oven, covered with aluminum foil.)
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Recipes From Me That You Will Like: