Delicious pear martini made with amaretto, pear vodka and fresh pear puree. Beautiful martini to serve for a date night or just to relax after a long work week.
Hubs and I went out for a date night a couple of weeks ago…
…oh, for all of you parents are there, “date night” is when those extremely lucky parents get to go out for a night on a town ALONE! Yea, no kids! Just the two of them. Did I mention no kids?!
Alright, back to our date night. We went to see a movie and then tried a piano bar that I’ve head about but never tired. It was nice and the best part was the martini I had. It was a pear martini and it was so tasty! I noticed in their description of the drink that they added amaretto and fresh pear juice. Of course, they don’t give out their recipe so I decided to recreate it myself. I think mine came out even better because I used pear vodka in addition to regular vodka and I used a weak simple syrup. I tried making it with a regular simple syrup but it was way too sweet and pear flavor gets less pronounced. So I cut the sugar way down and it was awesome!
- 1 oz amaretto
- 1 oz pear vodka
- 1 oz vodka
- 1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
- 2 oz fresh pear puree or juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
- Slice of pear for garlish
- To make pear puree, I use the the star grater. (You know, it's one of those that pokes out, start shaped and very sharp.) It creates super fine flakes and that's why I love using it for a quick puree of apples, pears or other fruit. Just watch your hands, it's really sharp!
- For weak simple syrup: combine 3 oz warm water with 3 tsp sugar and stir until sugar is melted.
- Combine amaretto, vodka, lemon juice, pear puree and simple syrup in a shaker with a couple of ice cubes. Shake well.
- Pour into a martini glass through a fine strainer to catch most of the pulp.
- *Note: If you like pulp, you don't need to pour this martini through a strainer.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Very Cherry Martini from Marla Meridith
Beach House Cosmos from Recipe Girl
Chocolate Martini from Dieter’s Downfall
Sugar Cookie Martini from Crazy for Crust
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!