Fabulous Carrot Cake spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg, swirled with smooth cheesecake and topped with cinnamon glaze. This is one delicious spring cake!
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
‘What did you bake today?”
“Spiced Carrot Cake with Cheesecake Swirl.”
“Hmmm, it sounds interesting, I’ve never had a spicy dessert.”
“Haha, no, not “spicy,” it’s “spiced.” Meaning, it has extra spices added, like cinnamon and nutmeg.”
That’s a conversation between me and my husband that I still giggle about. I was asking him if his co-workers would like a cake because it didn’t look quite as I wanted it and I needed to re-make it. I constantly send treats to his employees when I make too much or if I need to fix something on the recipe and re-make it. See, when I made this cake the first time, the swirl didn’t come out right. It was still delicious but I wanted to fix the cheesecake part so it swirls better before I share it with you guys.
I love sending treats to work with hubs, it’s like a confidence boost every time. He usually texts me within an hour after getting to work and tells me that everything has been wiped clean and everyone loved it. He says he gets “attacked” every time he walks through the door holding a pan. It makes me feel so good that in a restaurant-full of employees, all love what I make.
This cake was no exception. Not only that it was a hit there, it was a hit at home too. But what’s not to love here?
Sweet glaze…well that’s just a “cherry on top!”
Spiced Cheesecake Swirled Carrot Cake
- Carrot Cake:
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 3 cups of finely grated carrots
- 3/4 cup veggie oil
- 2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of sugar white granulated
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar white granulated
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, carrots, vanilla extract, and oil. Whisk very well until completely combined.
- Sift in flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk well and pour into the prepared baking pan. Set aside.
- With electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and beat for a couple of minutes.
- Add egg and beat until combined.
- Add sour cream and heavy cream and beat until smooth. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl and beat for a couple more minutes.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour. Beat until combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of cheesecake batter all over the carrot cake batter. Using a small spatula (or a butter knife), gently swirl cheesecake batter into carrot cake batter. Make sure that batter is even throughout the pan so it bakes evenly. If not, you can gently shake the pan to even it out.
- Bake for 43-45 minutes.
- To make the glaze, add powder sugar sugar and cinnamon to a small bowl. Add warmed heavy cream and whisk until all smooth. Place glaze into a piping bag. Cut off a small tip off the piping bag when ready to glaze the cake and drizzle the cake with cinnamon glaze.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Caramel Pecan Carrot Cake from The Gunny Sack
Carrot Cake Poke Cake from Something Swanky
Carrot Cake Roll from Crazy For Crust
Carrot Cake Pancakes from Call Me PMc
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or any other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More sweet Recipes: