Delicious comforting winter soup. Creamy potato soup make with addition of butternut squash and pureed to smooth perfection.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 medium gold potatoes
- ½ medium yellow onion
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- About 2-3 cups of vegetable stock (just enough to cover the veggies)
- Salt, fresh cracked pepper
- ¼ tsp of paprika
- 1 small bay leaf
- 2 tbs heavy cream
- ½ cup mild cheddar cheese
- Topping: Sour cream, chives and croutons for garnish
- Heat and melt the butter in a medium pot, on medium heat.
- Peel and seed squash. Chop it into small cubes.
- Peel and chop potatoes.
- Add onion, butternut squash and potatoes to the pot.
- Add paprika, salt and pepper and saute for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add just enough stock to barely cover the veggies. (This is also where I like to add the minced garlic). Cook until veggies are fully cooked, 10-15 minutes.
- Slowly transfer content of the pot into a food processor, make sure to crack the lid to let the steam out. Blend well and return to the pot.
- Add the heavy cream and cheese. Stir until all blended. Be careful here, the soup will bubble and splash when it starts to heat up. Keep stirring. When cheese is melted, soup is all done.
- Serve with a dollop of soup cream, chives and croutons.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!