I love Rocky Road ice cream and now I have a new favorite! Rocky Road Oatmeal cookie bars are a new kins of special cookie. I’m sharing this special recipe with you today.
I love oatmeal cookies. Even though, I don’t like to discriminate between the cookies, I have to admit that I like oatmeal cookies the most. Ever since I made the Coconut Oatmeal Cookie Bars, I’ve been dying to play around with different types.
A few weeks ago, I got a chance to make some dishes for a potluck study group at school and I made these cookie bars. Yes, it does sound like a fun study group and it was! These oatmeal cookie bars were even more fun.
I’m sorry that it took me so long to share these great cookies, hope you forgive me!
This is going to be a great Mother’s Day weekend for me. I will be spending it with my sister and my little man. We are also celebrating my mom’s 50th birthday! My sister and I are planning on whipping something special for our mom and I can’t wait to share it with you.
I hope that everyone has a wonderful Mother’s Day weekend!
- Oatmeal Cookies:
- 1/3 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups of old fashioned oats
- 1 cup of mini marshmallows
- 2/3 cup walnuts
- 2/3 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cookies: Preheat your oven to 350 and lightly greasing the 9x9 pan.
- Beat butter and dark brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. It will probably take a couple of minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at the time, beating until combined. Beat in the vanilla extract as well.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda and salt, mix on low speed until all incorporated.
- Add the old fashioned oats and mix it on low speed as well, until just combined.
- Spread evenly in the 9x9 pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Combine the topping ingredients and spread them over the cookie bar. Bake for another 10-13 minutes.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to emails of follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest| so you don’t miss any more recipes!
PLEASE NOTE: I switched the email delivery system! The switch happened in the middle of March. If you subscribed before then, PLEASE re-subscribe to the email in the side bar! HUGS!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful parties in my party tab + Weekend Potluck and Rattlebridge Farm. Swing by and link up your own projects!
Remember to come back and link up to my party on Saturday night!!