Disclosure: The post was sponsored by Dollar Tree’s Value Seekers Club but all opinions and photographs are my own
I’m sharing a perfect idea for any football party! Chili bar will bring so much happiness to all the raging fans at your party and it’s wallet friendly! Don’t miss the recipe for a delicious, comforting chili made with and addition of your favorite beer.
Now that Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s are over, we can focus on the something very important…Football! Play-offs are in full swing and Superbowl is just two weeks away. This time of the year means only one thing, endless football parties every weekend! That is a lot of partying, a lot of football and a lot of food. It’s also a lot of dough (not the baking kind).
For this very reason, I am sharing a great idea to make your football party a raging success and easy on your wallet! A Chili Bar is a great way to keep all of your football fans satisfied while they are screaming at the TV to “Make A Pass!!!” Everyone loves chili and everyone has their own extra delicious, special recipe and you gotta admit, it’s a fan favorite snack. They will be racing to the bar for refills after every touchdown!
This is such a fun way to serve your chili and easy to stay within the budget. The secret is Dollar Tree! I got this great idea from Dollar Tree’s Value Seekers Club. The club is full of crafts, recipes, décor, tips, contests, insider information, frugal fun ideas, and did I mention recipes?! I love the fact that the project ideas change every month, so there is always something new. And of course, it’s FREE and takes three seconds to sign up! I’ve printed and saved many projects and recipes for the future already.
Everything that you see on the bar, except the fresh chili ingredients and that beautiful serving pan that I have, came from my local Dollar Tree. The best part about this project is that it’s totally customizable! The party section of the store has an array of colors that you can choose based on your team color. There are plenty of football themed goodies in stock now as well. All the topics can be chosen to taste or you can put out a little bit of everything! Visit this project on Dollar Tree’s Value Seekers Club page to see all the fun topics they suggest.
Enough Rambling…Here is the Boozy Chili Recipe!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of beer
- 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 16 oz can of pinto beans
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp dry jalapeno pepper (or use fresh one and add enough to taste)
- salt to taste
- Heat up the oil in a large pot, over medium heat.
- Add diced onion and saute until it starts to become transparent. Add diced tomatoes and bell pepper, saute until veggies soften. Add minced garlic, stir well and saute until fragrant.
- Mix ground beef and ground pork together and add the mixture to the pot. Stir well, cover and cook stirring occasionally.
- When the meat is almost all cooked (you will notice that it gave out a lot of juice), add the beer, stir and heat through.
- Add the tomato sauce and tomato paste, stir well.
- Add your spices (chili powder, cumin, sugar, dry jalapeno and salt) and stir well.
- Drain the beans well and add them to the chili. Stir well and cover.
- Cook on medium low heat, covered and stirring occasionally, for about 30-40 minutes. Taste to check if you need more salt or more heat.
Now, the real reason you came (although I hope not)….The Giveaway!
I am giving away a $100 Dollar Tree gift card to one of my readers!!
Time for the applause…applause…applause!
I live for the applause-plause
Live for the applause-plause
(I also get distracted easily…)
Simply follow this form to enter the giveaway (make sure to use the same email for the below entry as you did for signing up for the Dollar Tree’s Value Seekers Club!!):
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!