Amazing Champagne Punch made with addition of sorbet, simple syrup and flavored vodka. Very simple party cocktail that will bring a festive touch to any table.
2014 is coming to an end! Only a couple of days left before the big celebration and greeting of 2015. I am looking forward to the next year like you wouldn’t believe! 2014 has been quite a year. It’s been a hurricane of a year and I am ready to see what 2015 has in store for me.
Are you excited for the next year?
For this champagne punch, make sure to use sorbet not sherbet. Yes, there is a difference and not just in spelling and pronunciation (I may have thought it was the same until a few years ago…may have (twirls hair and looks at the ceiling)). Sorbet is made of fruit and sugar (and sometimes water) and nothing else. Sherbet is made with addition of cream. Sorbet is perfect to add to this punch bowl because as it melts, it simply adds some fruit puree and sweetness. It’s also wonderful for making individual sorbet champagne floats.
Try these sorbet flavors that will go great with citrus flavors in this punch:
Citrus (Lemon) Sorbet
- 750 ml bottle of champagne (dry or brut), chilled
- 4 oz citrus vodka
- 2 Tbsp sugar mixed with 1 Tbsp hot water (simple syrup)
- 8 oz club soda, chilled
- 1 lime
- 4 scoops of sorbet (citrus, raspberry, mango or peach)
- *Make punch right before ready to serve.*
- Make simple syrup first and mix it with vodka, add to the punch bowl.
- Slice lime thin and add to the punch bowl.
- Carefully add champagne and club soda.
- Scoop sorbet and add it to the bowl right before serving.
- When sorbet started to melt, very gently stir and pour.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Champagne Margaritas from Kitchen Is My Playground
Champagne Punch from A Spicy Perspective
French 7 Up 5 Champagne Cocktail from Frugal Foodie Mama
Pomegranate Cranberry Sparklers from Freutcake
Pomegranate Champagne Sangria from The Cookie Rookie
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Recipes From Me: