Refreshing, flavorful Mojito that’s perfect for spring and summer warm weather. Delicious cocktail made with mint, lemon and lime twist, lime flavored rum and citrus vodka.
Let me just say, it’s been hot…hot, hot, hot around here!
I went for a run in the middle of the day yesterday and after crawling back home, I remembered why I try to run first thin in the morning. It was HOT. I’m not used to running in the 90 degree weather after the winter break, so I have to get my tolerance built up again.
Today, I couldn’t run in the morning and there was no way I was going out in the middle of the afternoon again. So I just made a big glass of this refreshing Lemon Lime Mojito and kicked back on my balcony. I did promise myself to make sure and run every morning this week. See, I figured that if I promise myself to do it every day, I will do at least 4.
Sounds totally doable, especially since I have this deliciousness to look forward to in the evening. You know what they say, “run like there is a pitcher of margaritas at the finish line!” Except I run like there are Mojitos at the finish line.
- About 12 large mint leaves
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 long lemon twists
- 2 long lime twist
- 3 oz lime flavored rum
- 2 oz citrus vodka
- Soda water to full the glasses (About 8 oz)
- Divide mint leaves between two glasses. Mash and rub mint leaves against sides and bottom of the classes.
- Heat up water in the microwave for a few seconds, until hot, and mix it with sugar until dissolved.
- Add simple syrup (sugar water) into mint leaves and mash a few more times.
- Twist lemon and lime rind to get oils out and add the rind to glasses.
- Divide rum and vodka among both glasses.
- Add desired amount of ice and pour soda water over it.
- Stir and serve!
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Watermelon Mojito from Call Me PMc
Ginger Beer Mojito Recipe from Gimme Some Oven
Blackberry Mojitos from Just Put Zing
Pineapple Mint Mojitos from Barefeet In The Kitchen
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or any other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Delicious Cocktails From Me: