Amazing shredded chicken that’s perfect to use for sandwiches and dinners. Juicy, tender, Salsa Chicken cooked in the crock pot with fresh salsa mixture.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
I have a new tasty shredded chicken recipe for you! It is amazing and holds it’s own to any other shredded chicken out there. BBQ chicken is great, buffalo chicken is great, but this new Salsa Chicken can stand up to any other and delivers one fabulous flavor and a great texture to fall in love with.
And what’s not to fall in love with here? This tender, juicy chicken is slow cooked with a fresh salsa mixture. Lot’s of fresh veggies here and spices to add more flavor. It’s a versatile dish too with too many possibilities to list them all.
You can use it as:
Tacos, with some cheese, guac, and sour cream.
Enchiladas, wrapped in tortillas and baked with sauce and cheese.
Breakfast Burritos, wrapped in tortilla with scrambled eggs (so tasty).
A sandwich, on a soft bun with some lettuce and tomato.
As a main dish, with a side of grilled veggies.
Nachos, piled on top of crispy tortilla chips with extra jalapenos, lettuce, tomato and cheese.
Quesadillas, grilled inside a tortilla with gooey cheese.
There are just too many delicious possibilities to list them all. I’m sure you can come up with many other ways to use this delicious Shredded Salsa Chicken and will keep making it again and again!
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 lg tomatoes on a vine
- 1 red onion
- 2 red bell peppers
- 3 jalapenos, seeded
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp cilantro
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1½ tsp chipotle chili powder
- Dice all the veggies and combine them in a mixing bowl. Add salt, chili powder and cumin and mix everything well.
- Spread half of the veggie mixture in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Layer chicken breasts on top of the veggies.
- Spread remaining veggie mixture on top of chicken.
- Close the crock pot and cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- Take the chicken out once it's cooked and shred it using two forks.
- Strain veggies from the juices (you can save the juice from cooking chicken and veggies to make soup) and add veggies to the chicken. Mix well.
- Serve in tacos, enchiladas, sandwiches, as a main dish, or any other way.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Mexican Pizza from Yummy Healthy Easy
Baked Chicken Parm Sandwiches from Eazy Peazy Mealz
Slow Cooker Poblano and Honey Lime Chicken Tacos from Cooking For Keeps
White Chicken Chili from Like Mother, Like Daughter
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Tasty Recipes From Me: