Beautiful baked Blueberry Doughnuts dipped into rich blueberry cream whiskey glaze. These doughnuts are loaded with fresh blueberries and blueberry sauce inside and out.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Blueberries. I love blueberries!
I really wish I would have taken a picture of just these gorgeous blueberries before I made the doughnuts and ate the rest. These things were the biggest, most delicious blueberries I’ve ever had the pleasure of tasting. Little man and I have been eating them by the fistfuls for two weeks now. Two weeks ago, to celebrate the end of school year, we hit the farmer’s market on the beach, then a little beach and water park time.
This farmer’s market is wonderful. You can’t beat a market being beach side, plus having a kid’s water park on the beach, plus having Rita’s Italian Ice right next to it, and being full of local farmer’s and artists. We usually go to this market on Wednesdays and two weeks ago, I found these blueberries. This sweet, old lady has a produce booth there every week and she is clearly selling something they grow on their land because she only had like five things and they only bring a couple of boxes of each. Well, the line for her blueberries and tomatoes is crazy every week. It’s twenty minutes of standing under a blazing sun (and in Florida, sun blazes extra hot). But, it is SO worth it.
Last week, when we went to the market again, I got two baskets instead of one. I decided to make some blueberry doughnuts for the National Doughnut Day last week but I put a little extra something into them. I made these doughnuts with Blueberry Cream Whiskey Glaze.
These doughnuts would be great as a Father’s Day breakfast treat. Manly and so tasty, filled with sweet blueberry flavors and a hint of whiskey. Even my non-blueberry-loving husband polished off two of them.
- ¾ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups flour + 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- ⅓ cup blueberry syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup blueberries
- ⅓ cup of whiskey
- ¼ cup blueberry sauce
- 2 cups powder sugar
- 1½ tsp heavy cream
- Place blueberries into a small sauce pot, heating over medium heat.
- Add lemon juice, vanilla, and sugar. Stir well.
- Cover (leaving a crack for the steam to escape) and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring often. (Watch it closely, it may over-run.)
- Puree blueberry mixture with an immersion blender or in a stand-up blender.
- Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a doughnut pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk egg, sugar, buttermilk, melted butter, blueberry syrup, and vanilla together until smooth.
- Sift in all dry ingredients and whisk until all incorporated.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour half of the batter into another piping bag.
- Cut the tips off both piping bags, leaving only about ½ inch opening.
- Squeeze batter into the doughnut cups of the pan. Make sure there is an even amount of batter all around. (Refill the piping bag when needed.)
- Bake for 10-11 minutes and let doughnuts cool on the wire rack, just until they are cooled enough to be handled.Spread paper towel under the cooling rack to catch glaze drippings.
- Heat sauce pot over medium heat. Add whiskey and let it simmer until it's cooked down to half the amount.
- Add blueberry sauce and whisk well.
- Whisk in powdered sugar and heavy cream until smooth.
- Dip each doughnut in the glaze and place back on the wire rack.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Baked Red Velvet Doughnuts from Ashley Marie Kitchen
Oreo Overload Doughnuts from The First Year Blog
Cinnamon But Style Doughnuts from Homemade Hooplah
Samoa Doughnuts from A Dash of Sanity
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or any other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Recipes From Me: