Out-of-this-world-delicious egg rolls packed with beautiful sweet chili flavor! These egg rolls are made with chicken, peppers, and onions that have been cooked and tossed in sweet chili sauce and served with a creamy sweet chili sauce.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Give me an “S,” give me a “W,” give me an “E”….ohhhk, that is going to be a very long cheer so let’s just give it up for some Sweet Chili Chicken Egg Rolls! They are seriously delicious and so easy, it will knock your socks off.
Last weekend, I was planning on creating an egg roll recipe as another idea for The Big Game and I was having a hard time deciding on the flavor. Anytime I’m having difficulty deciding on the recipe, I go to my number one food decision maker, my husband. When it comes to food, he can actually make great flavor choices and he knows when I’m overthinking a recipe and need to be pulled back. So, I gave him a few options and without a second of hesitation, he said “sweet chili, of course!”
I’m so glad that hubs chose these egg rolls because the flavor combination of the sauce, chicken, and veggies is simple but perfect. Creamy sweet chili sauce that I served with the egg rolls is SO good, I’ve slathered it on my grilled chicken for two days after we had the egg rolls.
- 1-2 Tbsp vegetable oil for cooking
- 5 chicken tenders
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 Tbsp sweet chili sauce, to cook
- 1 Tbsp sweet chili sauce, to toss
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- 1 egg white for sealing egg rolls
- Creamy sauce:
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- ⅓ cup mayo
- 1½ tsp fresh lime juice
- Finely dice onions and bell pepper.
- Preheat a medium cooking pan over medium heat and add some oil. Add diced onion and pepper and saute until softened. Nestle in chicken tenders and season with some salt. Drizzle in sweet chili sauce and cook, covered, until chicken is about half way cooked. MIx veggie and flip the chicken, cook until chicken is done.
- Take out chicken and let it cool until it can be handled. Finely dice chicken and mix it with veggies and a tablespoon of sweet chili sauce.
- Heat up oil to about 350 degrees as you roll the egg rolls.
- Gently whisk egg while and set it close to you.
- To roll the egg rolls: place egg roll wrapper on a diamond. Spread about 2 tablespoons of chicken filling in a line, leaving about an inch on each side. Gently and carefully, fold the corner that's closest to you over the filling, and tuck under the filling. Fold both side corners toward center of wrapper, it will start to look like an open envelope. Dip your fingers in egg white and run it along the edges of the wrapper to seal better. Carefully roll up the egg roll.
- Fry egg rolls in batches until golden brown, turning once the bottom side turns golden. Take them out using metal tongs onto paper towel to catch excess oil.
- Whisk all ingredients for the sauce until completely incorporated. Serve with egg rolls.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or any other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Recipes From Me: