This finger-licking-good dip will have you grabbing a spoon instead of chips. Hot dip made with all the wonderful flavor you get in a Chicken Enchilada Verde. Juicy grilled chicken, tomatillos, green bell peppers, cilantro, jalapeno, all mixed with cream cheese and lots of Monterrey Jack.
Hot cheesy deliciousness!
Speaking of “finger-licking-good” …
Here is a little tip: DON’T lick your fingers right after mincing jalapenos!
Yes, this tip does come from experience and it was not a pleasant one. You know how sometime (okay, all the time) you are happily cooking and grooving, everything is smelling delicious, you are so into it that you’re not even thinking about consequences of your actions? You’re mincing a big, beautiful jalapeno and adding it to the dish. You go to grab another ingredient and realize that your fingers are still juicy so you lick them….MISTAKE!
Your mouth suddenly burst into flames and you realize just how much of a wuss you are when it comes to spicy stuff. God forbid you have company over and you have to keep your cool instead of running around the kitchen, screaming like a fire alarm. Running to the fridge for milk only to realize you have less than a cup of milk left. Then you have to make a decision, drink the milk to put out the fire or save it for your toddler because it’s almost dinner time?
Fastest decision ever….gulp the milk and drag your butt to the store to get more.
Luckily, this dip is so delicious (and the fire in your mouth will be out by the time it’s done) that it’s worth it!
Enjoy this tasty appetizer with your choice of chips or veggies. Just make sure to wait for it to cool down a bit or you’ll have another fire to deal with!
Did you know that you could save the recipes to your personal recipe box with the Once you have your favorite recipes in your Recipe Box create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List! Don’t forget to check deals and coupons!
Chicken Enchilada Verde Dip
- 4 chicken tenders
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 3 medium tomatillos
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 cup diced white onion or yellow
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup of grated Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- More cheese for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 and lightly grease a baking dish.
- Cook chicken tenders in a medium frying pan with a some lemon juice and salt, over medium heat, until completely done and golden on both sides. Set aside.
- Dice tomatillos, onion and green bell pepper and saute them over medium heat until soft.
- Beat cream cheese, salt, cumin and sour cream together until smooth.
- Fold in diced chicken, cooked veggies, cheese, cilantro and minced and seeded jalapeno.
- Spread the mixture in the baking dish, making sure it's spread evenly for even baking.
- Top off with some more cheese and bake for 15-18 minutes.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
One Pan Mexican Quinoa from Damn Delicious
Avocado Bean Dip from Shugary Sweets
Tex-Mex Chicken Casserole from Fifteen Spatulas
More Delicious Recipes To Try:
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!