Creamy, cheesy, and a bit spicy chicken and quinoa bake that will quickly become your favorite dinner.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Welcome to 2017!
I hope your year start off great and only gets better from there.
January usually makes me a little sad. After months of back to back holidays, festivities, decorations, and food, it’s all over in January. It’s just taxes and back to school this month. It’s cold, dreary, and we spend the entire month trying to write the right year. See what I mean about January being sad?
I don’t want it to just be sad, so the best thing is to brighten it with some delicious food! This Creamy Sriracha Chicken and Quinoa is my new favorite dinner. I’ve made it three times in a row because I just couldn’t get enough. It’s the combination of spicy sweet with creamy, cheesy quinoa. The flavors burst in your mouth and at the same time, the spiciness is calmed by the creaminess. This dish works perfectly for those who prefer spicy food and those who like it milder. Much like it is for my husband and I, it’s win-win.
Creamy Sriracha Chicken and Quinoa Bake
- .75 lb chicken breast or tenders
- 3 Tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1-2 Tbsp vegetable oil for cooking chicken
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- Optional: more sriracha+honey mix for topping
- Cook quinoa in chicken stock with a little bit of salt, per package instructions. Once quinoa is done, take off heat and set aside.
- While quinoa is cooking, cook the chicken. Preheat a cooking pan over medium heat. Mix 3 Tbsp sriracha, 1 1/2 Tbsp honey, and lime juice together. Coat chicken in sriracha mixture, season with some salt, and cook the chicken in the preheated pan until just done.
- Take out chicken and let it cool on the cutting board until it can be handled. Dice chicken once it's cooled enough.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In the same cooking pan where the chicken was cooked, add quinoa and mix.
- Add heavy whipping cream, 1/2 cup shredded cheese, and a mix of 1 Tbsp sriracha and 1/2 Tbsp honey. Season with some salt and mix well.
- Transfer quinoa into an oven safe pan or a cast iron skillet. Spread it evenly.
- Spread diced chicken over quinoa.
- Spread Monterrey Jack cheese over the chicken and quinoa. Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Optional: drizzle some more sriracha and honey mixture on top of the cooked dish.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
SOME MORE RECIPES FROM ME: