This will make one delicious breakfast any day! Four Cheese Souffle baked in flaky puff pastry with some fresh herbs for more flavor.
My gosh, I have been wanting to make this delicious souffle for so, so long and once I took a bite of it, I couldn’t understand what in the world I was waiting for!
To give you an idea of how long I’ve been meaning to make this, I would have to go back many years to the time I was working at Bennigans. For our Sunday morning shift, servers took turns and brought breakfast treats for the opening staff. (Weren’t we nice to each other?!) Well, some girls brought donuts but I always brought Panera bagels because they are so good and fresh baked every day. Well, that was also the time that I discovered their breakfast souffle and fell in love with it.
Freshly baked soft eggs in a buttery, flaky pastry in a variety of delicious flavors. That was my monthly treat and I always looked forward to it. Why did I not ever make my own? I just don’t know! But I did now and I definitely see it being my monthly treat again!
You can definitely play with many flavor combinations:
Spinach and Cheese
Ham and Cheese…
The possibilities are tasty and endless! You can even play with cheeses in this four cheese souffle.
Four Cheese Breakfast Souffle in Pastry
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 4 eggs
- 3 Tbsp whole milk
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tsp freshly minced parsley
- 1 cup shredded four cheese mix
- Preheat the oven to 375 and lightly grease a 9-inch tart pan with cooking spray.
- Defrost 1 sheet of puff pastry and center it in the tart pan. Make sure to cover the bottom and the sides but do not press it in!!
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, water, flour and salt and whisk like you mean it for about 2 minutes.
- Mix in cheese and minced parsley.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pastry covered pan. Gently fold the four corners of the pastry on top and place the pan on a baking sheet (just in case).
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, checking after 18 minutes and if the souffle is nicely raised in the center, take it out.
- Serve right away.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Cheesy Broccoli Bacon Quiche from Savory Simple
Skinny Broccoli and Bacon Mini Frittatas from Live Laugh Rowe
Italian Baked Eggs from Damn Delicious
More Breakfast Ideas From Me!
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!