Soft, warm, delicious and most importantly, easy dinner biscuits flavored with fresh lemon and thyme and baked just in time for dinner.
How are your holiday plans going? Do you have a traditional holiday menu or do you like to mix it up and make something different and crazy every year?
In my family, we actually have both. For Thanksgiving, it’s 100% traditional menu with the same (exact) sides, turkey and dessert every year. Every…single…year. (Do you sense a little regret here in my tone?) Well, as much as I’ve tried to mix it up a little, no one would budge on the Thanksgiving menu. Tradition is tradition there.
Christmas though, that one is mine. My holiday to cook and we have it at my mom’s house. So I kick mom out of the kitchen (most of the time as she is kicking and screaming) and I take care of the dinner with some help from my little sister. That’s where I have full control of my menu and the kitchen. (I LOVE IT!) I serve something different every year. After all, menu planning is half the fun.
But you know, whether you are creating a traditional holiday menu or you are making new different dishes every year, I would bet that you have bread on the table. It wouldn’t be a holiday dinner without a basket of warm bread, fresh out of the oven right there, on the side of the table.
To tell you the truth, I can’t remember what kind of bread we have on Thanksgiving because I’m usually busy gnawing on a turkey leg. On Christmas though, I always make a different kind of bread to go with the theme on dinner that year. Sometimes I make dinner rolls, other times I make garlic bread or biscuits.
As crazy as it gets cooking an entire holiday dinner, I usually try to pick an easy recipe for bread. Last thing I need between meat, sides and salads, is worrying about over complicated bread or making my own yeast dough. (It’s a pain and I try to avoid it when I can.)
This year’s dinner biscuits are going to be both, fabulous and super easy! Best kind, right? Everyone will be reaching for these delicious, fluffy biscuits.
All I have to do is just grab a couple (or more) cans of Pillsbury Grands!® biscuits at Walmart, infuse them with this beautiful fresh flavor, pop them in a cast iron skillet and into the oven. In under 20 minutes, I have delicious bread to serve with my dinner.
Lemon Thyme Skillet Biscuits
- 16.3 oz 8 count Pillsbury Grands!® Homestyle biscuits
- Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 325 and make sure your cast iron skillet is well seasoned. A 10 inch skillet fits 8 biscuits nicely. (If you don't have a skillet, get one because they rock! I'm kidding, you can use a baking tray or even a couple of cake baking pans.)
- In a large mixing bowl, drizzle olive oil over sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add lemon zest and thyme in the bowl, somewhat spread out.
- Sprinkle some salt in the bowl as well.
- Open Pillsbury Grands biscuits and separate them. Roll each biscuits into a ball and add them to the bowl.
- Roll biscuits in the bowl, completely covering them in oil, lemon and thyme mixture.
- Once biscuits are completely coated, place them in the skillet and spread them out evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then turn on the broiler for just a few seconds to get golden color on top. (I usually turn on my broiler for 1 minute with rack positioned in the center. You know your broiler strength best!)
- Serve right away.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or any other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury. The opinions and text are all mine.