Morning treat you will not want to miss! Easy doughnuts stuffed with cheesecake mixture and topped with sweet glaze and crushed Oreo cookies.
When you have kids, things like “date nights” and “time for yourself” are a very rare occurrence. Even though hubs and I live relatively close to our parents, we can hardly manage to get a date night once a month and a weekend getaway once every few months. So when the moon and the start align just right and we do get that rare chance to sneak away on a date, we take full advantage of that.
A couple of weeks ago, hubs happened to get a weekend day off. We quickly drove or little man to grandma’s and decided to go see a movie. We used to go see just about every movie that came out to the theaters, but it was back in the BC times (Before Child).
Now, we pick what movie we want to see very carefully since we wouldn’t want to waste a perfectly good date night on a bad movie. We got lucky this time and there were 2 movies out that we really wanted to see. Double feature time!
Before spending 5 hours in the movie theater, we definitely needed to stop for reinforcements, i. e. lots of coffee. And of course, it wouldn’t be a date without a little treat. Doughnuts and coffee is a perfect pairing and just what we needed with coffee.
I got myself an Oreo Cheesecake Doughnut and it was so worth the million calories I’m sure it had.
As a matter of fact, I liked these doughnuts so much, I recreated them at home the following weekend. Our morning coffee deserves a little treat with it, and freshly made doughnuts at home is the very best treat it can have.
Some More Recipes To Try:
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Oreo Cheesecake Doughnuts
- Package of original refrigerated biscuits 8 count
- About 30 oz bottle of vegetable oil for frying
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 3/4 cup powder sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 10-12 Oreo cookies finely chopped
- Preheat oil in a fryer, dutch oven or a medium sauce pot to 340-350°F. (If using a pot on a stove top, I recommend a medium setting.)
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and 2 Tbsp of heavy cream in a bowl for 2-3 minutes. Transfer cheesecake mixture into a piping bag fitted with a pastry filling tip. Set aside.
- Chop Oreo cookies and place them into a wide, shallow bowl. Set aside.
- In another wide and shallow bowl, whisk powder sugar and 2 1/2 tbsp of heavy cream until smooth. Set aside.
- Open the can of refrigerated biscuits and carefully take them apart. Fry biscuits, 2-3 at a time, until golden brown. Flip to the other side and fry until that side is golden brown as well.
- Place some paper towels under a wire rack. Take out cooked doughnuts and place them on the wire rack to cool.
- Let doughnuts cool for a couple of minutes. Then, fill each doughnut with some cheesecake mixture from the piping bag.
- Dip each doughnut top in the glaze first and then, dip them in crushed Oreo cookies.
- Repeat with all the doughnuts.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.