Amazing S’Mores Cheesecake. Smooth cheesecake made with a layer of chocolate and marshmallows on the bottom and topped with hot fudge sauce and toasted marshmallows.
It’s been entirely too long since I’ve posted a new cheesecake recipe. I feel like you needed a new one.
(Yes, yes, I know I posted Vanilla Lemon Cheesecake Bars this week, this we will just say that it doesn’t count.)
So my mom and my sister were in town last week for a dance competition. My sister is a dancer and I love it when her competitions are in town because that means I can go see them and see her dance.
When I told mom that I was coming by to watch, she said that baby girl asked for some cheesecake. Well, of course I said “yes!” Then, get this, mom tells me that she asked for a cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. Um…I’m totally offended at that point.
The first night I went to watch her compete, I went backstage to congratulate her and ask what’s with the “store-bought-cheesecake-request?” Of course she gives me the whole “I didn’t want to bother you,” and “I didn’t want you to go out of your way to make a cheesecake.” It’s like she doesn’t know me at all! Asking me to buy a cheesecake is like a slap in a face and since when do I ever turn down making a cheesecake? I get to play with a new cheesecake recipe and I get a slice. What’s the bother?!
So naturally, I had to come up with a cheesecake that would knock her on her little butt.
I think I’ve succeeded!
S'Mores Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 Tbsp melted unsalted butter
- ¾ cup mini chocolate morsels
- 1 cup marshmallows
- 32 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup white granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 oz hot fudge topping warmed
- 2 cups marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 325 and grease a 9 inch spring form. You will need a large roasting pan (one that’s bigger and longer than the spring form. I use the aluminum foil disposable ones.)
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, vanilla extract and brown sugar. Mix very well.
- Spread crumb mixture in the bottom on the spring form, evenly, pressing it over the bottom and half way up the sides.
- Spread mini chocolate morsels and marshmallows over the bottom, evenly.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth and fluffy. Scrape sides and bottom on the bowl and beat for another minute.
- Add corn starch and sugar and mix until combined.
- Beat in eggs until well incorporated.
- Add sour cream, vanilla extract, and heavy cream and beat until all mixed very well.
- Transfer batter into the spring form and spread in evenly. (If you are not sure about your springform holding up in water, you can wrap the springform in heavy duty aluminum foil from bottom up to the sides.)
- Place roasting pan into the oven and place cheesecake spring form inside the roasting pan. Carefully add water to the roasting pan, about half way up the side of the spring form.
- Bake for 90-95 minutes. Turn off the oven and open the oven door half way. Let cheesecake rest for 10 minutes and take it out of the oven.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes on the counter and then gently run a butter knife between sides of the cheesecakes and the springform to carefully separate it. (You don't actually have to take the cheesecake out of the pan until ready to serve.)
- Cool cheesecake for an hour.
- Turn on the broiler in the oven.
- Spread warm hot fudge over the top of the cheesecake and spread marshmallows evenly on top.
- Place cheesecake back in the center of the oven, under the broiler. Let marshmallow toast for only 30-35 seconds. Watch it because they toast very quickly. Take out the cheesecake once marshmallows are lightly browned.
- Cool cheesecake completely, cover gently and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Red Velvet Cheesecake from Recipe Girl
Sugar Cookie Cheesecake from Cookies and Cups
Carrot Cake Cheesecake from Cooking Classy
Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake from Life Love and Sugar
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!