I’m sharing my new, unbelievable cupcakes today. It’s Strawberry Cupcakes with Mascarpone Frosting. Perfectly moist and soft strawberry cupcakes topped with light and creamy mascarpone frosting.
I’m not even exaggerating, guys! These are the best cupcakes that I’ve ever made. I’ve finally achieved an amazing texture on the cupcakes. Cupcakes have been my white whale for the longest time. I am still working on the perfect plain vanilla and perfect chocolate cupcake recipe, but as far as fruit cupcakes, I’ve done it!
These cupcakes are just the right amount of soft and moist and they are delicious.
This frosting is my new favorite too. I got some mascarpone cheese about a week ago because I was planning on making a Tiramisu-like dessert. It didn’t work out so I wanted to use it quickly. I added the mascarpone to my whipped frosting recipe and it turned out AMAZING! I don’t know how I didn’t do it before but I am all in now and not going back!
Before I share the recipe, I want to talk to you about something. I wanted to see what my readers thought about my photos…
I’m sure that my regular readers noticed that most of my photos are darker; set on a black background or styled in a life-style setting. I don’t normally do very light photos or white background. I love those kind of pictures but it is just not me and when I shoot on a white or light background, it seems unnatural to me. I usually redo the photo in a darker setting. (Although, I’m still trying.)
So here is where I want your opinions… Do you like dark setting on my food photos? Does a black, artistic-like picture of the food effect the chances of you making my recipe in any way? Take a look at these cupcakes that I’ve posted in the past and tell me (not judging by the cupcake but only by the photo) which do you like better, darker or lighter?
3. Strawberry Cupcakes with Mascarpone Frosting
Alright, alright…here is the recipe!
Strawberry Cupcakes with Mascarpone Frosting
- 5-6 medium strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 oz Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of powder sugar
- Strawberries for topping diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line the muffin pan cups with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the strawberries with a fork.
- Add sugar, vegetable oil, egg, buttermilk and vanilla. Whisk well until all incorporated.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until all smooth and combined.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups, filling them 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
- Frosting: (use whisk attachment here) in a bowl of an electric mixer, add the mascarpone cheese, heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract. Start on low to mix the ingredients and gradually increase the speed over a few seconds to medium-high. Do no walk away, this will be ready fast! Slowly pour in the sugar. Beat on medium-high until soft peaks form and gradually lower the speed, over a couple of seconds.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled, frost them and top off with diced strawberries.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!