3 tbs olive oil
1 pack Italian sausage
4 garlic cloves
1/3 cup chopped shallots
1 cup chopped Roma tomatoes (do not discard the juice)
1 cup mushrooms (not chopped)
1 cup chopped summer squash
5-6 leaves of fresh Basil
1 tsp minced fresh dill
1 tsp minced fresh parsley
1 1/2 tbs lemon juice
1. Heat up the oil in a large skillet. Grate the the garlic into it and add the chopped onion (shallots).
2. Take the skin off the sausage and pinch off 1/2 inch balls of sausage (or if using ground sausage roll 1/2 inch balls). Saute the sausage and onions for a couple of minutes.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes squeezing a few for juice. Cook until tomatoes start to give out more juice.
4. Add the mushrooms and squash. Cook until sausage is fully done. Add the lemon juice and salt and cook for a couple more minutes.
5. Add the fresh herbs, mix well, turn off heat. Served with pan grilled potatoes.
* I am linking this recipe to the Thursday and Friday PARTIES. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!