|My father-in-law took the picture. He is the photographer in the family, but the cake really did look that good!|
4 eggs (room temperature, let stand for 30 minutes)
2 cups of flour
1 1/2 cups of sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 cups of finely grated carrots
3/4 cup veggie oil
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
1/2 cup butter (softened)
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar (4 if you like your frosting very sweet)
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Grease 2 9-inch round cake pans
2. In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, carrots and oil. Mix very well until completely combined.
3. Add flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Blend well.
4. Stir in the chopped walnuts
5. Split the batter between two cake pans evenly.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes, check with a toothpick to make sure its done. Be careful not to overcook or the cake will be dry.
7. For frosting: Combine the softened butter and cram cheese in the medium bowl. Beat for 3-4 minutes
8. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat for another 3-4 minutes.
9. Frost the first cake layer, top it with the second. Then frost the second layer and the sides.
* I am linking this recipe to ALL the PARTIES in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!