Phyllo dough (about 36 thin, 3×3 sheets)
2 tbs melted butter
1 tbs heavy cream
4 tbs chopped tomatoes
5-6 sliced cherry tomatoes
4 tbs feta cheese
1. Preheat the over to 350, grease a 6-cup muffin pan
2. Separate the phyllo dough into 6, 6-slice portions. Place the portions in between damp sheets of paper towels so they don’t dry out. Place one slice of dough on the board. Brush lightly with butter. Place the second slice of dough right on the top and brush that one with butter. Repeat 6 times.
*Note: Be careful with phyllo dough. It is very thin so handle with care and love.
3. Carefully place the buttered dough into the muffin cups. Center of the dough to center of the hole. Fit well, but be gentle.
4. In a small mixing bowl, whisk eggs, salt, pepper and heavy cream until well combined.
5. Place some of the chopped tomatoes at the bottom of each cup.
6. Place the feta cheese into the muffin cups (for my hubby’s, I used cheddar)
7. Pour the egg mixture evenly between the 6 muffin cups.
8. Place some slices of cherry tomatoes on top of the egg mixture.
9. Bake the cups for 15-20 minutes (until the eggs are firm).
* I am linking this recipe to THESE GREAT PARTIES, in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?