1 head of cauliflower, large
2 tbs I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
4-5 medium shallots, peeled, chopped
4-5 thick strips of bacon
2 tbs flour
2 cups of 2% milk
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1 cup of shredded Swiss cheese
2/3 cup of shredded low fat Cheddar cheese
2 tbs crumbled Blue Cheese
Salt, fresh cracked pepper
*Bacon bits from above
1/2 cup of plain whole wheat bread crumbs
2 tbs chopped I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
-Preheat the oven to 375. Lightly grease an 8×8 casserole dish.
1. In a large pot, bring water to boil and blanch the cauliflower florets for about 5 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
2. In the same pot (empty pot), melt the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter and add shallots and bacon. Cook until bacon is done and take out the bacon strips leaving the shallots and bacon grease in the pot. Place the bacon strips on the paper towel, pat dry, chop and set aside.
3. Sprinkle the flour over the shallots and cook for about a minute, whisking constantly. SLOWLY, add the milk, Dijon mustard and stock, whisking constantly. Keep whisking until thick sauce is formed.
4. Add shredded cheddar, shredded Swiss and Blue cheeses, whisk until all melted and smooth.
5. Add salt, pepper and cauliflower florets. Mix all well and transfer to the casserole dish.
6. In a small bowl, combine the bacon bits, bread crumbs and I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter. Mix very well and sprinkle the mixture over the casserole.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes, until bubbly.
2 cups of flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 tbs I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
2 tbs shortening
1 cup of cold buttermilk
2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 tbs melted I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter for topping
|Don’t Laugh! I just realized that I grabbed the wrong cheese for the picture :/|
-Preheat the oven to 450 and lightly grease a baking sheet.
1. In a bowl of an electric mixer, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix on low.
2. Chop the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter into pieces and add it to the flour mixture. Add the shortening as well. Mix on low until the batter resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Pour the cold buttermilk into the center of the mixture. Mix until just combined. Add the cheese and mix until just incorporated, the dough will be sticky.
4. Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and sprinkle with a little more flour. Knead the dough 5-6 times and pat into a 1/2 inch-think circle.
5. Using a cookie cutter, cut out the biscuits. Place the biscuits on the baking sheet leaving a little bit of space in between.
6. Bake for about 12-15 minutes, until raised and golden brown. Brush the biscuits with a little bit of melted I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter.