I have a beautiful spring dinner recipe for you. It’s Caprese Tortellini Bowl and it is amazing. It’s made with three cheese tortellini, fresh mozzarella cheese, sun dried tomatoes and fresh basil. This dish is full of flavor, very easy and made in under 30 minutes!
This is one of my absolute favorite dishes. Caprese is one of my favorite savory flavor combinations and tortellini is my guilty pleasure. I’ve made so many caprese dishes in the past and this one is my favorite (it would actually be tied with my savory Bread).
This is great to whip up for a quick lunch or a family dinner. Adults will enjoy the bright, great flavors of this tortellini dish and kids will enjoy the fact that they are having tortellini for dinner!
I have this for lunch once in a while when I am all alone. My son is going through this picky stage right now. He is four and I’m estimating only about 10-15 more years of this stage. Ha…I hope not but I’m being realistic, based on his father. He is in his 30s and still not over the picky eater stage of his life. I’ve gotten him to eat a bigger variety of foods since we met, but there are still many ingredients he just won’t eat.
So this is one of those dishes that I make all for myself. As delicious as it is, I don’t mind not having to share!
- 9 oz package of refrigerated three cheese tortellini
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1 small shallot
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 3 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- About 5 medium leaves of fresh basil
- salt to taste
- Cook tortellini in salted water, according to the package, and set aside.
- In a large pan, preheat the olive oil on medium-high heat and add diced shallot and diced sun-dried tomatoes. Saute until the onion starts to golden.
- Add balsamic vinegar and stir well.
- Add cooked tortellini and still until all combined. Add some salt to taste.
- Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Chop fresh mozzarella into small cubes. Stir mozzarella and basil into the pasta quickly and plate immediately. The heat in pasta will start to soften the cheese and bring out the aroma in basil.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Beautiful Dishes to Love