Perfect party food. Crispy crostini tipped with gooey Brie cheese, sauteed onions, pears and pine nuts.
Today, I’m sharing a a great appetizer that would be perfect for a cheese and wine party or just an intimate date night. The star of the party will definitely be this Brie Crostini with Caramelized Onions, Pears and Pine Nuts. It’s an elegant crostini made with the perfect, creamy Président Brie and topped with caramelized onions and pears and pine nuts. The flavor palate of this appetizer is delightful. Caramelized onions go wonderfully with a slightly sweet pear and creamy cheese. Pine nuts just bring it all together in the end. Like I mentioned in my Cheese and Wine post, I prefer to cut off the rind and leave the soft, perfect Brie to work with. It is exactly what I did here.
When I cook with Brie, Président is my go-to brand. I love the creaminess and the perfect flavor it is. They really know the Art of Cheese!
Next time you plan a cheese party, make sure to check out these Cheese Party Basics from Président cheese. Don’t forget to visit their Recipes section. I’ve browsed this section for close to an hour. They have so many delicious, inspiring appetizers, it’s overwhelming! I immediately decided to make a crostini once I looked over their Brie recipes.
- 10 slices of baguette, about ¼ inch
- 4 oz President Brie, rind cut off
- ½ cup thinly sliced onion
- ⅓ cup diced pear
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Brush the baguette slices with a little bit of olive oil and bake them for about 8 minutes. Take them out and set aside.
- Lower the temperature to 375.
- In a small pan, saute sliced onion on medium-high heat, until it starts to golden. Add the diced pears and saute for a couple more minutes. Mix in pine nuts and set aside.
- Lay the crostini on a baking sheet, toasted side up and sprinkle with some salt.
- Thinly slice the cheese and divide among the crostini, on the toasted side.
- Divide the onion/pear mixture among the crostini.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Check Out These Posts For More Cheese Party Ideas:
*Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Président® Cheese. All the opinions and text are my own.*