This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and Dr. Pepper Snapple Group but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #TENways http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
I’m sharing a fabulous light recipe of Cool Veggies Lime Nachos, made with a mix of various vegetables and fresh key like juice, skinny cucumber dressing and organic blue corn tortilla chips.
I was coming home from the store this weekend and I got stuck at the gates behind some guy who couldn’t figure out how to open the gate. As I’m sitting there, waiting for him to figure out how to punch in the key code, I looked over towards the pool area and saw a bunch of people go in all ready to dive in the pool. It was like a sledge hammer hitting me over the head… it’s already mid April and it’s beautiful weather outside!! How in the world did it become pool time already?
I am so not summer, pool or beach ready! My year has been so crazy so far, I haven’t even stopped to think about what time of the year it was. I need to hassle and get myself together for the beach season, which is the next 8 months here in Florida.
To help me get ready for the beach season, I am making some delicious food substitutions. For my nacho cravings, I crated these fabulous veggie nachos. I used a bunch of different veggies mixed with some fresh key lime juice. To complement these nachos, I made a cool and skinny cucumber dressing made with Greek yogurt and key lime zest. I also got some TEN Sodas at WalMart to go with my fabulous skinny nachos!
TEN Sodas come in many varieties, like 7-up TEN, Sunkist TEN, Canada Dry TEN & A&W TEN. I love Canada Dry Ginger Ale so I was very happy to find it in a light version but still has the FULL flavor of Ginger Ale! You would never know that they are not the original. In fact, hubs didn’t know! He loved this Canada Dry TEN and kept asking me if I was sure that it’s not the regular Canada Dry Ginger Ale.
As for this amazing Skinny Cucumber Dressing, you can make it for just about anything, not just nachos. Make it for your salads, as a dip or for sandwiches. It’s delicious and super easy!
- Cucumber Dressing:
- 7 oz low fat or fat free plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup of fresh cucumber, finely grated
- Zest from ½ key lime
- 1 tsp fresh minced dill weed
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 7 oz of blue corn tortilla chips
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- 1 cup of cauliflower florets
- 1 medium carrot
- ½ cup of green onion
- ½ red pepper
- ½ yellow pepper
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- 1 Tbsp key lime juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced cilantro
- About ½ cup of cucumber dressing
- Whisk all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and set aside.
- Dice your veggies in small pieces and place them in a small mixing bowl.
- Add lime juice, cilantro and salt. Mix well.
- Spread half of tortilla chips on a serving plate and evenly spread half of the veggie mixture over the nachos. Try to spread the veggies so that all the chips get some.
- Drizzle about a ¼ to ⅓ cup of dressing over the top.
- Layer the remaining chips on top.
- Spread the remaining veggies over the second layer of chips.
- Drizzle more cucumber dressing over the top. Serve right away!
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
PROMOTION: $0.50 off of the purchase of TWO 2 Liter bottles or TWO 4-pack cans of 7UP TEN, A&W TEN, Canada Dry TEN, or Sunkist TEN soda. However, if you share the digital coupon via email, FB, Twitter (there is a click to share function) you will get brought to a coupon that will get $1.50 off that purchase rather than just $0.50. Offer available while supplies last, from 3/27-4/17.